2015 Wild Card Playoffs

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Seventeen weeks are in the books and it is time for one team to declare its dominance over the rest of the league. Who will that team be? That is still to be determined. However, there are four games on tap in the first week of playoffs which could shape that narrative.

San_Diego_Chargers.png
at
Cleveland_Browns.png

NightHawkTH32 vs BigTexas18

The Chargers and browns played Week 13 in San Diego and the Bolts came out on top 34-20. Turnovers were the difference as Cleveland turned the ball over four times (including two interceptions by Johnny Manziel). San Diego used an efficient passing attack from Phillip Rivers and Christian Ponder (14-of-20, 185 yard two TD's) in the win. Ryan Matthews also added 95 yards and a touchdown on 25 carries.

The Browns finished the season 3-1 to lock up the AFC North title. Only one of those wins, though, was against a team that won more than two games on the season. A hard fought win over division rival Baltimore in the season finale could have been a sign of a team ready to contend for a title. It could have been home field advantage. This game will go a long way in answering those questions and telling us what type of team the Browns are becoming.

NOTE: Rivers tore his pectoral muscle in the win over the browns during the regular season and is out for the year.

Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers.png
at
Minnesota_Vikings.png

CPU vs majesty95

The doors are closing on TCF Bank Stadium for the Vikings after this game. They have a new, outdoor stadium that is almost complete and would like to say farewell to their two-year home with their first playoffs win since Brett Favre donned the purple and gold.

Minnesota is coming into the game without Pro Bowl running back Jerick McKinnon and starting left tackle Matt Kalil. Backup running back Brody Love was great as a reserve during the regular season but struggled mightily as a starter the final two weeks in McKinnon's absence. Even though they Vikings went 10-1 in those two game including a tie with the #23 seed 49ers, there are questions about whether Minnesota can win in the playoffs without their star back.

Tampa Bay rebounded from a dreadful 2014 season to reach the playoffs for the first time since 2007. Mike Glennon had a fantastic year throwing for 3,560 yards and 25 TDs. Doug Martin added 1,440 yards on the ground and Mike Evans hauled in 71 passes for 1,002 yards. The Bucs' offense is diverse and capable of winning games. However, they will also be without a key lineman as starting guard Carl Nicks is out for the game with a dislocated ankle.

This game will likely come down to whichever team's defense plays the best. The Vikings ranked 9th in total defense while Tampa Bay ranked 14th. That and home field advantage should give the Vikings the edge. They will have to generate a running game for that to be true though.

Buffalo_Bills.png
at
Houston_Texans.png

Xxclaywilliamxx vs CPU​

Buffalo has been one of the most impressive teams in the league this season. The fact that they are a wild card team and playing on the road in the first round after a 14-2 season is a travesty. The Bills ended the undefeated season of New England in Week 17 which avenged a loss to the Patriots three weeks earlier. Their only other loss was in Week 8, on the road, against the Steelers. E.J. Manuel was impressive in his third season throwing for 3,692 yards and 28 touchdowns. Sammy Watkins firmly entrenched himself as one of the league's best receivers with a 72 catch, 1,236 yard, 14 touchdown performance. The Bills also finished third in the league in total defense.

Houston had a nice season to win their division at 9-7. However, they played six games in the division against teams who combined to win 12 games all year. Arian Foster was the only real standout for the Texans as he put together a 1,449 yard season with nine touchdowns. However, there doesn't seem to be enough firepower on the Houston offense to overcome a suffocating Bills D. Most people expect an AFC Championship game featuring the rubber match between Buffalo and New England. The road to that matchup starts in Houston and it doesn't look good for the fans of the home team.

Chicago_Bears.png
at
Philadelphia_Eagles.png

Paytonno1son vs CPU​

The Bears won 10 games this season despite starting three different quarterbacks. Matt Forte (1,284 yards and 11 TDs and Martellus Bennett (66 receptions, 1,033 yards, 5 TDs) led the way and provided stability for the offense. The defense also kept Chicago in games as they finished the year #11 in total yards allowed.

Philadelphia, meanwhile, finished third in the NFL in total offense. Nick Foles threw for 3,427 yards and 22 touchdowns and LeSean McCoy added 1,450 yard and six TD's. Darren Sproles also chipped in with 11 rushing TDs as a utility piece in the offense. While the Bears are the more balanced team overall, Philly features the high powered offense that proved difficult for most teams to stop. Can the Chicago defense find a way to slow down the Eagles' offense or will Chip Kelly and the racous Philly crowd be too much for the Monsters of the Midway?

Deadline is WED at 11 PM CST

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
NightHawkTH32

I work 2-11 tonight and tomorrow night. And I'm adjusted my sleep schedule a bit because I have work an overnight on Wednesday so I'll be up late tonight and tomorrow which I think bodes well for you cause your PST. I'm available from probably 12-2 or 3ish am CST

How's your availability