14 - Orioles/Mets Trade - VETOED

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoganM

Contributor
Baltimore Orioles are seeking to send RF Dylan Cozens, SP Adalberto Mejia, and CL Matt Cooper to the New York Mets in exchange for RP Greg Holland with the Mets retaining 100% of Hollands salary for the season. Baltimore is in desperate need of help in the bullpen and has more depth at OF and CL than need be. Mejia doesn't fit into the starting rotation in the foreseeable future. The Mets are wanting to move on from a RP who is unhappy playing for the Mets and are looking to work on rebuilding a weak farm system. Cozens provides a bright future as a big bat OF and Matt Cooper is playing well as a CL prospect. Cozens and Mejia can step into a Major League role immediately and provide a good foundation for a rebuilding team. Baltimore needs a big league RP to stay competitive as their bullpen is leaving more to be desired this season.

Baltimore Sends:
RF Dylan Cozens
SP Adalberto Mejia
CL Matt Cooper

New York Mets Sends:
Greg Holland(retaining 100% salary)

Attachments

• financial.png
    financial.png
    936.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Cooper.png
    Cooper.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • Cozens.png
    Cozens.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • Mejia.png
    Mejia.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • Holland.png
    Holland.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11

ejruiz

Starter
Holland is only a quarter-to-half-dollar, but retaining his entire salary (potentially for the Player Option year, too) is another quarter-to-half-dollar.

Cooper is maybe a quarter, but the other two are more like dimes. Since you have to retain the salary to make it work, I'd need to see another Copper-level piece involved instead. Declined

ejruiz

Starter
Holland is only a quarter-to-half-dollar, but retaining his entire salary (potentially for the Player Option year, too) is another quarter-to-half-dollar.

Cooper is maybe a quarter, but the other two are more like dimes. Since you have to retain the salary to make it work, I'd need to see another Copper-level piece involved instead. Declined
Apparently it's impossible to edit or delete a post in here, so I'll just reply to my previous one to state that my vote should not count for this trade's approval or declination because I have been involved in trade talks with at least one of the parties involved, either directly or indirectly involving at lease one player or position discussed. My official position is to abstain. Apologies for the confusion!

Roggie

Contributor
I think the return here for Holland is a bit weak, especially with all salary being retained. Mejia is a #5/LR and Cozens at best is a platoon OF, but I doubt he's even that. Cooper is an average to below average MR. If there was another decent piece coming back or no salary being held, then this might be acceptable.

Canes87

Contributor
Yeah other than receiving Holland, I don’t really see the benefits of the Mets trading him but still paying all of his salary for 3 guys who won’t even match him together. I say no

Status
Not open for further replies.