13 Yankees - Blue Jays Trade - VETOED

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New York Yankees have agreed to trade RF Ivan Terrazas to the Toronto Blue Jays for prospects 1B Patrick Leonard and RP Dusten Knight. The Blue Jays are looking to improve their outfield, specifically LF and get a solid defender and great bat in Terrazas who, at 29, the Yankees don't have space for in their already very crowded outfield as he has spent all this season and most of last season in the minors. Terrazas, while currently listed as a RF actually plays defense slightly better when put in LF. The Blue Jays in return send 2 prospects not high on their pipeline to the Yankees. New York views Leonard as a low risk, high reward type prospect and see Knight as someone who could come up quickly through their ranks.

New York Yankees Trade

RF Ivan Terrazas

Toronto Blue Jays Trade (EJRuiz)

1B Patrick Leonard
RP Dusten Knight

Roggie DerekMcFadden
hunkydory HornsNation05 majesty95Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 5.33.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-10 at 5.33.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-10 at 5.34.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-10 at 5.34.16 PM.png

hunkydory

Staff member
I am iffier on this one. I know the 1B has been seeing the ball well at his level, but he's playing at a very low level still. And the RP has great potential, but at 23 I don't know how much more he can grow considering he's pitching a 6 ERA at A ball. I have to say no on this one sadly. If you can find a better recruit to throw in there that is younger and has some kind of upside!

Roggie

Contributor
Everything said above, along with the fact that the RP prospect is rapidly losing control potential, makes this not something I can approve.

Status
Not open for further replies.