12 Blue Jays - Expos Trade - APPROVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejruiz

Starter
In this Deadline Day blockbuster, Toronto sends SP Dan Haren to Montreal in exchange for IF Hanley Ramirez (retaining 10% of his salary to fit both our budgets) and OF Elijah Dukes. All 3 players are pending FA, extension negotiations with Danny had stalled, and both Expos position players were on the Trading Block. Montreal gets that extremely rare potential ace and their highest rated SP. Meanwhile, Toronto bolsters the weakest hitting position in their lineup by moving Hanley to SS, adds some OF depth, and commits to the youth movement in the rotation.

TOR - MTL Trade.png
DH.pngHR.pngED.png

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
What am I missing here? they have negative budget space... A. How do they agree to this and B. how do we approve it?

ejruiz

Starter
What am I missing here? they have negative budget space... A. How do they agree to this and B. how do we approve it
The trade improves their financial situation. Given that, I assume there's some bend in the budget rules. The trade should be allowable because their current, worse financial situation is allowable.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I guess its not specified in the rules. We've always operated under the assumption they had to be in the green. Loophole but I'll approve. We can discuss whether we need to change that moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.