11 Blue Jays - Mets (CPU) Trade - VETOED

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejruiz

Starter
The Blue Jays are sending MLB SP Noah Lowry, AAA SP Zach Duke, and AAA CF Chris Dickerson to the Mets for MLB SP Ervin Santana. New York had put Santana on the Trade Block and Lowry had demanded a trade from Toronto; the other two are make-weights that NY requested to balance the headliners of the deal out from their perspective. Supporting screenshots below:

Mets Agree.png

Lowry.png

Duke.png

Dickerson.png

Santana.png

Roggie

Contributor
This would make more sense if there was a young guy going back. Dickerson has zero value whatsoever. If that was a 20 year old with 2.5* potential plus Duke? I'd like it more. Especially since the Mets are a below .500 team.

Last edited:

hunkydory

Staff member
Yeah it’s gonna be a no from me. Santana is playing at All-Star caliber and the pitchers coming to them in return havent shown enough/advanced age makes me feel they won’t really be much of a return at all.

ejruiz

Starter
Hmm, a bunch of old guys for an old guy... Have to think on this
Was this sarcastic or did you really need time to consider it? And, if it's the latter, then have you come to a conclusion? If you vote in favor, then it'd be tied 2-2...

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
So part of the reason I wanted to wait to respond was to think about it more. The Mets have basically the same record as the Jays. Why do we assume they wants young players? Maybe they were both making a move for now? I think that's a lens we should consider when looking at these trades

Status
Not open for further replies.