Would you rather have the Braves or Marlins history?

Would yo rather have the Marlins' history or the Braves' since '91?

• Marlins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Braves

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I was looking over past World Series winners tonight trying to decide which match-up I'd rather see in the Series this year. I don't have a vested interest at this point in any of the four teams remaining. So, I figured I'd rather see two teams that haven't been to, or even won, a World Series in awhile. While I was looking through the past participants I was reminded of the Marlins and their two bought and paid for World Series titles. That led me to think about the Braves and their one World Series title but (for the most part) consistent winning teams.

Marlins.png
Photo courtesy of Getty Images

I wondered whether the Marlins fans really look back at those two titles and if that helps them get through the tortuous summers that they've had recently. I also wondered if Braves fans would trade in all those division crowns to have hoisted one more trophy?

It also made me think about the composition of sports teams in general. Was the Marlins loading up to win those two World Series titles in '97 and '03 and the subsequent fire sales worth all of the losing the team and their fans have had to endure in between and since? Or is a consistent winner such as what the Braves had for most of the 90's and early 2000's worth more than that one extra world title and all of those losing seasons? And where is the break even point?

Braves.png
Photo courtesy of Getty Images

I'm interested in your thoughts...

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Braves in my mind, no brainer. They have a consistency to win, but fall short. I think its a great baseball organization, and the fanbase is unreal. You'll find Braves fans everywhere, and they love their Braves. The fan base has been loyal unlike the Rangers, sad to say. I've loved the Rangers since I was a kid, and have a bunch of Rangers gear. You couldn't find a Ranger fan anywhere, now all of a sudden everywhere you look are Rangers "fans" kinda makes me sick lol. Braves fan have always been Braves fan and thats what its about. So to stop rambling and get to the point, I would most definatley take the Braves organization.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
a business perspective. yeah. it brought income in. i dont know all the detailes whether they gained what they spent but 2 WS brings in the dough