Which Madden 17 Rookies have you the most excited?

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
This years draft isn't very strong on skill players so that's generally what I think of when it comes to madden. But with the NFL draft less then 2 weeks away what rookies will you be following closely come draft time. What teams do you want them to go to or not go to. I'll list a few of mine

HB Derrick Henry
6'3 - 247 pounds
Everyone knows by now I am partial to power HB's and I don't think i'll ever find one that fits the mold better then. He also gets the benefit of being a big name at a big school so I think that will help his rookie madden ratings. I've been following Henry since his high school days when he was a 5* recruit that was commited to UGA for over a year. I'm still kinda mad at him bc him on campus the same time as Gurley, Marshall, Sony and Chubb would have been epic. He ran a 4.54 in the 40 yard dash and also did really well at the combine in vertical, broad jump and 60 yard shuttle. At this point whoever drafts him will likely be the #1 team on my wishlist. I don't want him to go to cowboys in 2nd round as that's rk's team.

Projection - He is projected to go in the late 1st-early 2nd round so he could to either a playoff team or a top 2nd round where he will be paired with another early round rookie.

HB Ezekiel Elliot

6'0 - 225 pounds
I know they are several Ohio State fans around here so he will be the name most people want of the rookie HB's. He still has the size I look for in a HB and is a faster with 4.47 combine. He is a 3 down back where has Henry might have to come off the field on 3rd down. I would expect similar ratings to Todd Gurley this year.

Projection - 1st round 4-15 range

Jukemwr21 Imperfect611 Glen Cieske Tigers20 Paytonno1son

Imperfect611

Starter
LB Myles Jack
6'1" 225lbs.

It would be great to see this guy fall to my Ravens if he is healthy. I think he actually fits very well into a 46 SS role or when playing next to a 2 down LB. He is a bit small, but his athleticism is great and in madden it always translates well to be fast rather than skillful. I would kill for madden to add in weak side strong side lineups and play this guy as my will. Let this guy run free in a defense where he can have some protection and I think he will be a ton of fun to play with.

WR Braxton Miller
6'1" 201lbs.

I think this guy is a gem sitting early 3rd round. He has barely been playing WR and he is already worth the 2nd round pick. I think if the biggest worries about him at WR are his route running and experience you take him. I have no clue where he will go because without much go a history at WR his ceiling is unknown. In madden he will get screwed in ratings on release probably making him hard to use because Madden tries to give ratings based on where people are picked until games are played. I think what would be fair is to give him a little lower rating, but a better dev trait. I would be happy with him at slot for a year though then developing him.

Jukemwr21

All-Star
Jalen Ramsey CB Florida State

This kid might be the best player in the draft. He wills sure dominance, and has great speed, ball skills, and hit power. He may even dictate what teams I pick in M17 hoping he goes to the Bucs at 9 but doubt it.

Vernon Hargreaves CB Florida

This kid was a 3 year starter at Florida, played in all of his 36 games at FU. He has 10 interceptions, and is not afraid to tackle. 4.5 40 and a 39 inch vert. Be interested to see where he goes

I think he'll be the 2nd corner off the board. Most scouts have him actually going to the Bucs at 9th with Ramsey more than likely off the board.

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Both of the RBs are intriguing. You never know what you'll get with an Alabama RB, especially one as overused as Henry. Elliott could be a beast. I really like Myles Jack too. That guys has crazy athleticism. He played RB and LB!! In the same game!! For two season!! In college!!! That's unheard of! So yeah, I like that guy haha

Imperfect611

Starter
Yeah, but madden is slowly turning down injuries and the severity of them for NFL PR purposes so in madden he will be fine

Glen Cieske

All-Star
Christian Hackenberg:

I believe had Bill O'Brien stayed at Penn State this kid would be a first round draft pick. I think Franklin killed his career, so it'll be interesting to see what team takes a chance on him.

Nick Chubb:

He had a great combine, so I'll be looking to see how much teams value the combine numbers even if he didn't have a ton of college tape.

Sua Cravens:

One of my favorite defensive players in the draft. The hybrid LB/S position has me intrigued, I think Cravens fits that mold perfectly. I'm interested to see what teams go to what the Cardinals call the "Money" backer.

As far my favorite team, I'd have to say I'd like to see the Packers fill holes at NT and MLB. Either Andrew Billings from Baylor or Reggie Ragland from Bama.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Good call on hackenburg as he should have good upside. Like imperfect said I would like to see people like him have better then average devlopment traits.

I think you meant keith Marshall instead of nick Chubb as Chubb still has 1 year left in college while Marshall blew up the combine. I could see him having a chris Conley type madden career. He Will not get drafted as high bc his injury past though

Glen Cieske

All-Star
Good call on hackenburg as he should have good upside. Like imperfect said I would like to see people like him have better then average devlopment traits.

I think you meant keith Marshall instead of nick Chubb as Chubb still has 1 year left in college while Marshall blew up the combine. I could see him having a chris Conley type madden career. He Will not get drafted as high bc his injury past though

Yeah you are right. I meant Marshall, I'm excited to watch Chubb this upcoming year.