What are you listening to?

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
That's a darn good song and I think it may be fitting for my theme song for the Titans year 1 may need to play it over my highlights. Most people know him for his silly songs and being related to Johnny Knoxville. But he has some serious songs and has wrote some classics. He is from the Chattanooga Tennessee area which is close to me.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Daryl singletary had a new cd come out this week and here are some highlights to it Daryl is stone cold country so I would skip this post if you don't like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I haven't posted in this thread in a while so thought I would bump it up. There isn't much new country music out these days that are worth listening to but I'll post some new ones that are still good and not the bro country crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackhawk375

Starter
I love good music with a real message... From hip hop to country and everything in between.

This is one of my all time favorite videos. We play this one a lot for the kids in our inner city ministry and they love it too

Last edited:

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Post 1/3

What am I listening to? Hmmmm. Where to start. I love music.. Of all types. I can remember where my love for music started. My dad, unfortunately, was an alcoholic so he would go to the bar, and would take me with him. He always gave me money to play the jukebox and to play pool. I would always play random songs, because I was about 6, because reading the artists and titles, meant nothing to me. One time I played this song:
I loved it. This song jumped out to me more than any other song that would come on that jukebox. I then would play that song everytime I went in, because I had memorized the number (1701). Growing up with my dad, we listened to the "oldies" station here in DFW 987.KLUV. I grew up with alot of music that was way before me. One of my favorite "oldies" song of all time:
This song goes hard AF.​
After he passed, and I kinda branched out on my own. I remember in 4-7th grade pretty much listening to top 40. We had a station here called Hot 100, 100.3. That was pretty much it. A buddy of mine tried getting me to listen to 102.1 the edge, which is an alternative rock station here in Dallas. I say, ok, and turn to it, and this song is on:
I was enthralled with this! Now, I do not care much for the pop punk scene anymore, but this wasn't anything like I had ever heard before. I was all about rock music. I was 12 and growing up, so I got into the pop punk, and somewhat the screamo emo music (underoath, senes fail etc.). That didn't last long. I then started to explore more rock music. Doing online searches and whatnot. When I was 12 years old, I found out about Pantera. Pantera. Yes, the almighty Pantera. The local boys. Dime was still alive at this time and I loved everything about Pantera. The first Pantera song I ever heard... Of course:
I to this day hail Pantera as my favorite band ever. Call me a metal head, whatever. I'll always love what these guys did in the music industry. RIP Dime.
Panteratattoo_zpsf65012d7.jpg

Last edited:

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Post 2/3

So I would say for the majority of my life I listened to rock music, after being introduced to Pantera, I stayed more on the heavier side. Still do. When i was a sophomore in high school a buddy of mine played this song one day while we were hanging out at his house:

I said "what is that!!!!" Of course he looked at me like I was stupid. "Uhhh, Garth Brooks" he said. I loved this song. Then pursuing that interest, found out about George Strait, Alan Jackson, Tim Mcgraw, that whole era. Now, I know George Strait is heralded the King of Country, and for good reason, with his 60 #1 hits and a career that spanned over 4 decades, and I may be slaughtered by country fans all over the world, but Garth is my King of Country. I love Strait's music, but Garth is the reason I found my way to country music, and his music has always spoke to me more, one of my favorite's being:
I, however, think country music now is terrible. I can't stand listening to country songs nowadays. It's all pop (Thanks Shania Twain). This world needs less Luke Bryan, and more Hank III.
(This song is NSFW/NSFK (Not safe for work, Not safe for kids)​

Now, country has all types of sub genre's. I stumbled upon the Red Dirt country music scene around 2006. It's a more plugged in, rock style, type of music that originated in Oklahoma. I put Cross Canadian Ragweed as my 2nd favorite band of all time. I have seen them multiple times, and went to their last concert. When they get back together, I will be front row. Here is the greatness of Cross Canadian Ragweed:

Last edited:

Blackhawk375

Starter
BigTexas18
Good read brother! I've seen Pantera and Garth Brooks in concert and both at the height of their careers. Garth is still the best live show I've ever seen and I've been to A LOT of concerts for just about every music genre.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I saw Garth at his reunion tour last year when he came to Atlanta and it was awesome I had waited 18 years to see him live and it was worth it. That's not counting me seeing him a the grand ol opry.

The Brooks & Dunn song is a classic and here Is Jennifer Hudson singing it at a award show a few years back. I still like Ronnie's version better but her's is good to.

Good read tex and as far other gener's go not a chance you will ever hear anything but country coming from my speakers