Waiver Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free Agents

All offseason free agents will be signed using the in game system. Once the preseason and regular seasons start, there will be a waiver process used to sign existing free agents.

Waivers

At the start of the Preseason and going through the regular and Post Seasons, we will utilize a waiver system to assign free agents to prospective teams. A waiver thread will be posted in this forum and each user will be tagged in it. You will then have 12 hours (preseason) or 24 hours (regular and post-seasons) to post your waiver claims in that thread. After 12/24 hours has passed we will then close the claims and post the awarded players. You will then have 12/24 hours to sign any player that you were awarded through the game.

If you fail to sign your player prior to the advance you lose the right to them.

Last edited:
Alright, this is how we're going to do Free Agent Signings for the time being:
  • Free Agents below 75 Overall in YOUR scheme, don’t need to go through the Waiver Wire, but they DO need to be posted in the Transactions Thread, all in one post.
  • You may sign only 2 FAs total each week, whether 1 is 75+ and 1 is below, or they are both under 75 overall
  • You can post a claim for up to THREE free agents above 75 Overall. Put them in order, 1-3, with 1 being the player you want most
  • You can only sign ONE FA over 75 OVR per week and not until the Waiver Process has happened and the Commissioner posts the results
  • If no one else has claimed your #1, you’ll get them
  • If someone else has claimed the same person as your #1, the person with the higher priority (#1 being the highest) gets them and then move to the bottom of the Priority list.
  • If you don't get your #1, then if no one has already taken your #2 or have the same player as their #2 (which would result in higher priority getting them), then you receive them. And so on for your #3
  • If this works right, every one should hopefully at least get their #1 or 2
Example:

Owner One (waiver claim #1) Claims:
  1. QB Peyton Manning
  2. WR Dez Bryant
  3. HB Jamaal Charles
Owner Two (waiver claim #2) Claims:
  1. QB Peyton Manning
  2. HB Adrian Peterson
  3. WR Calvin Johnson
Owner Three (waiver claim #3) Claims:
  1. HB Adrian Peterson
  2. QB Peyton Manning
  3. HB Jamaal Charles
In this Scenario,
  • Owner 1 and Owner 2 have the same player as their first choice. Owner 1 has the higher priority, so they get Manning. Owner 1's priority then becomes #10 and everyone else moves up 1.
  • Owner 3 has Adrian Peterson as their 1st choice, but Owner 2 has them for their 2nd choice. Owner 3 would get Peterson as it was their first choice compared to Owner 2's 2nd choice.
  • Owner 2 would get WR Calvin Johnson, their 3rd choice.

• If there are any overlapping claims, the user with the higher waiver priority gets to sign the player (#1 being the highest). That user will then immediately move to the back of the waiver wire going forward.
  • Once either everyone has posted their claims or 12 hours has passed, the Free Agents will be awarded and the winner will have the next 12 hours to claim them.
Any questions? It's a little convoluted, but I feel it gives the best chance of everyone getting a top player they want.

motel08, WarJax, SoAndSo, alpaca16, JohnnyShred612, BDJarko, mookmilly81

Last edited:

SoAndSo

Starter
Here is my top 5 Free Agents I would like to sign 80 OVR & up:

#1 Brandon Flowers - 83 OVR
#2 Jabari Greer - 83 OVR
#3 Asante Samuel - 82 OVR
#4 Adrian Wilson - 80 OVR
#5 Rob Bironas - 85 OVR

Please post yours below in the order Futuriistiics has designated:

2014 Waiver Order
  1. Redskins
  2. Vikings
  3. Jets
  4. Bears
  5. Ravens
  6. Eagles
  7. Panthers
  8. Patriots
  9. Broncos
  10. Seahawks

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
They re-did ratings this year and 80 OVR is really like 85 OVR now. I'd set it at 70 or 75 OVR and above. I'd also limit it to one claim per week. You don't necessarily want to load up every user team and penalize the CPU teams, especially with a small group. I can't see the group of free agents you have so it's ur call on the OVR. But do keep in mind competitive balance with the CPU.

They re-did ratings this year and 80 OVR is really like 85 OVR now. I'd set it at 70 or 75 OVR and above. I'd also limit it to one claim per week. You don't necessarily want to load up every user team and penalize the CPU teams, especially with a small group. I can't see the group of free agents you have so it's ur call on the OVR. But do keep in mind competitive balance with the CPU.

Alright, that's good to know, and sounds like a good idea. Looking through the FAs, there doesn't seem like there'd be enough quality ones left over for the CPU if every user took up to 5, 80ovr or above FAs, so I'll change that to 1 per week over 75, and unlimited under 75

Advance to Preseason Week 2 will take place at 2pm (ET) tomorrow, so Waivers will be awarded at 12AM (ET) tonight (we'll get an even 12 hr schedule down, but I can't stay up till 2am tonight to do it), and you'll have until 2pm (ET) tomorrow, 9/2, to sign your Free Agent 75 OVR or higher

motel08

Contributor
Here is my top 3 Free Agents I would like to sign 75 OVR & up:
#1 Danario Alexander - 77 OVR

Here are my Free Agents that I signed that are below 75 ovr.

#1 Earl Bennett - 72 OVR
#2 Plaxico Burress -74 OVR
#3 Chase Coffman - 68 OVR

Here is my top 3 Free Agents I would like to sign 75 OVR & up:
#1 Danario Alexander - 77 OVR

Here are my Free Agents that I signed that are below 75 ovr.

#1 Earl Bennett - 72 OVR
#2 Plaxico Burress -74 OVR
#3 Chase Coffman - 68 OVR

If you haven't already, post the bottom 3 in Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.