This is for the community

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
yea penalties are basically off in h2h.

Yeah I think it was Clint Oldenburg who said they did that intentionally. I think some modes they try to cater to the arcade-play guys and CFM they try to make as sim as possible. Interesting hearing Rex talk about how different groups want different things and how they try to balance them all.

I agree majesty I've played cfm a little bit and as far as game play goes it does run better no doubt about that at the end of the day you guys don't know how grateful and glad I am to be in this community thank god you guys have the right Sim mindset

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
I agree majesty I've played cfm a little bit and as far as game play goes it does run better no doubt about that at the end of the day you guys don't know how grateful and glad I am to be in this community thank god you guys have the right Sim mindset

Thank the Lord. These MUT battles are wearing on my soul. When Jason Witten jumps (exactly, when have you seen Witten jump) and make a one-hander...:mad:

Yep see that a lot and have you guys see the way sometimes it feels like the defender is magnetic and almost can't pull close to the wr it seems odd

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Some of it is just the engine they are working with. I believe they started on the engine like 5 years ago. So in some ways it is already outdated. But with the complexity of those things and so many games using the same engine, its hard to make it perfect for every game. I'm sure the next engine is in the works or at least the planning stages and those things will hopefully be addressed then. In the mean time we will have to deal with some tethering and some things that don't look right. But I think the foundation is still there for a solid, balanced game.

Oh yeah as long as you and pack stick to your guns and your alls mindset it can work just keep it up you guys are onto great things no lie and we all just have to wait for 2k to come out with a football lol

visionz813

Starter
Frankly, its a video game full of 1's and 0's. It is never going to 100% play like we would all like. They have to cater o the cheese a little because the sim crowd is so much smaller to begin with.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Frankly, its a video game full of 1's and 0's. It is never going to 100% play like we would all like. They have to cater o the cheese a little because the sim crowd is so much smaller to begin with.

That's a valid point. Although I would like to see them figure out how to make the controls easier (like a 1 or 2-button mode) vs cheesin up certain modes. Guys want to be able to compete without a lot of effort.

If the gameplay was tight and they had to make better play call choices but the AI coach suggestions did a good job of mixing it up and they could play with just the face buttons I think that would appeal to more. A lot of guys are turned off by the game bc of the cheese.

I don't think it's a bad thing to force guys to learn how to play football better. FIFA does that pretty well. I think the controls are the biggest barrier to more sales these days. Just figure out how to give us the depth we want but a way to make it easier at the same time for causal player without letting them run 4 verts, tosses and HB screens over and over