The Boys are Back in Town

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
GOOOOOOOOD MOOOOORNING PX1SPORTS! I woke up in a fantastic mood today, and wanted to hit on something near and true to my heart! My Dallas Cowboys! Yes, that's right, they are MY Cowboys! And yes, I used the cliche Thin Lizzy song title to describe the Boys! I was born and raised to worship the Cowboys, and being a football fan has always been rough for me. The Cowboys, I'm sorry America's Team, has not won a Superbowl since the 1995 season. I was 5 years old, so while the Cowboys have won 3 Super Bowls in my lifetime, I have never first hand witnessed one. So with them being 6-1 at this point of the season, I am ecstatic! 6-1 is currently the best record in the NFL. The last time the Cowboys had the best record in the NFL was Nov. 1994, again I was 4, so this is the first time I've ever witnessed this. 4 Key things happened the LAST time the Cowboys had the best record in the NFL:

As you can see, it's been a while! 20 years actually! The boys are breaking records while they are at it as well. Anyone ever heard of Demarco Murray? Before this year, anyone's opinion of him outside of Dallas was, "Eh, he's just an average back out of OU who fumbles all the time". As he's proven this year he is anything but average. In 7 games he has 187 rushing attempts, 913 rushing yards, and 7 TD's. 913 yards in 7 games, THAT'S MORE THAN 27 TEAMS THIS YEAR!!! He also rushed for 100+ yards in 7 consecutive games, which broke Jim Brown's record. Of course his amazing rushing feat this year is to attribute to the offensive line big time. This is the best offensive line I've seen in years, and it is the best in the NFL. I dare you to argue with me. It's led by veterans, Ronald Leary, and Doug Free. Over the last couple years in the draft we have picked up, Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, and Zack Martin. These are some big, beautiful men with an average height of 6'4 and an average weight of 318 pounds. I'll just leave this right here:

cowboysoline_zpsd3fc91d2.jpg

Demarco knows his success this year can be attributed big time to those 5 guys! He is so appreciative he went out and bought his 5 offensive lineman iMac's that retail at $1,300 each! Christmas came early guys! Now to hit onto the next topic of this year's NFL's best Dallas Cowboys (I love saying that!)

romo_zpsb6fb0ab7.jpg

I don't even need to put a name, because you already know who it is. He is the most talked about, underrated QB in the NFL. Tony Romo is spot on this year. In the 6 game win streak he is 125/177 1,508 yards 13 TD 3 INT. "That's quite a feat! He finally looks like a solid QB" you say? Sorry to burst your bubble Romo Haters but he has always been quite the prolific QB.
cowboyhaters_zpsb0548e96.jpg

When everything is clicking that's when the team performs! When we pound the ball, it takes some pressure off Romo, and dominates time of possesion. Then our defense this year, oh, it has been a thing of beauty. they are standing their ground, and creating turnovers. The revival of Rolando McClain has been a great storyline to go along with this win streak. Before I go, I just want to leave one more for the Romo Haters out there. Remember a few weeks ago, when best D lineman in the league, JJ Watt, had a free run at Romo, and Romo just made him look like a punk, and then connected for a 53 yard TD pass. Yeah, That's my quarterback man!

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I thought I would go ahead and open this one back up. When i made this article back in October, the Cowboys were 6-1. Since that time, the Cowboys went on to have a record of 6-3, to end the season at 12-4. You know what that means right?!

tumblr_ngyn2x8rYJ1rse741o1_500.jpg

That's right! MY Dallas Cowboys are NFC East Champions in 2014! In week 16 of the regular season, the Cowboys played at home vs the Indianapolis Colts. The Boys just put on a clinic winning 42-7. Also significant about that game, Tony Romo went 18-20 218 Yards 4 TD and 0 INT, and became the Dallas Cowboys all-time leading passer, surpassing Troy Aikman's record of 32,942 yards. Demarco Murray also helped push the Cowboys into the playoffs with his stellar performance. He also broke two records along the way! the first record he broke was in week 7 against the New York Giants. He rushed for over 100 yards that game, and that made it his 7th straight 100 yard rushing game! The record had been held by Jim Brown. The second record that Murray broke was the Dallas Cowboys single season rushing record. He finished the season with 1,845, while the former record was set by Emmitt Smith with 1,773 yards. Two big performances this year by two big time players. I feel like I'm missing something though.... Oh wait... It's coming back to me. That's right. That leaves the man himself Dez Bryant. This man truly amazes me. Dez is in a contract year, and every game I watch I am left asking myself, "Will somebody please pay this man??". Dez in my opinion is the best WR in the league. I know that can be tossed all over for debate with the season Antonio Brown has had, but out of those two, who is still in the playoffs? Oh, and guess what, Dez Bryant also broke a record this year as well! Dez Bryant hauled in 16 touchdown this year, which was the most of any WR in the NFL this year, and surpassed Terrell Owens Cowboys record of 15.

Everybody knows of these triplets:
Triplets.jpg

Now it's time to start talking about these triplets:
cowboys-two.jpg

I'm not taking anything away from Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, or Emmitt Smith, but I promise you, if you give Romo, Murray. and Bryant the same 90's line and defense the old triplets had, I wholeheartedly believe they could have 3 Super Bowls as well. Speaking of Super Bowls, the Cowboys are in the run for one as we speak! We had a wildcard game at home vs the Detroit Lions. While it was ugly, the Cowboys got the win 24-20 to move on to the divisional round of the playoffs! Alot of controversy around this game was the Pass Interference call against Cowboys Rookie LB Anthony Hitchens that got picked up. This has gone back and forth since the game has ended, but one truth remains the same, the call was made and it cannot be changed now. Dallas will go on to play the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field. The Cowboys haven't played Green Bay in Green Bay in the playoffs since the 1967 Ice Bowl. The Dallas Cowboys are 8-0 on the road, while Green Bay is 8-0 at home. This one should be a doozy! Aaron Rodgers ,who is one of the favorites for the NFL MVP award, looks to lead his Packers to victory to advance to the NFC Championship. I, however, believe something different. The Cowboys are here, they are ready to go. This Cowboys team is going to beat the Packers and move on to the NFC Championship. It may not be pretty, and it definitely won't be easy, but I believe in my team. Bring this one home for me Boys! COWBOY NATION WHERE ARE YOU?? SAY IT WITH ME LOUD AND PROUD!

#FinishTheFight
tumblr_nhh747RNWy1s6uzp1o1_500.jpg