Something to do to pass the time until 16 arrives...

Kwarren3

Starter
While waiting for Comcast to come install Cable/Internet at my new apartment, I was stuck playing the cpu as I had no access to my online franchises. As we all know, you can only play against the CPU for so long before you are bored to tears, so this is a little "mode" I came up with...

Step 1: Pick a team and create a coach (preferably a sucky team but whatever floats your boat)
Step 2: Play Preseason (Make roster cuts, upgrade players, etc)
Step 3: ... wait for it ... Advance to playoffs ... WHAT?! ADVANCE THE WHOLE SEASON WTF MAN
I know... I know... just hear me out.
Step 4: If you make it to the post-season, play it out. If you don't... time to fill some holes.
Step 5: Make your regular offseason decisions
(Draft a new QB if you're the Texans, Sign a Stud WR from free agency if you're the Jaguars, etc.)
Step 6: ... go back to step 1...

The goal of this "mode" is to get you're team to post-season, ultimately a Super Bowl... but without the time, effort, and annoyance of playing hours upon hours of cpu games. Once you win a Super Bowl, retire and start over with a new team. I did it with the vikings and won the Super Bowl in my 3rd season (2016). We defeated the Denver Broncos by a score of 24-13 (Manning also retired after the defeat... sorry bro). The Vikings were quite the dream team by this time... Teddy was a 94, Jerrick McKinnon was an 85 (AP was traded to Arizona for a 2nd and 4th), Xavier Rhodes a 97, Harrison Smith a 99. Big name free agents we acquired were LB Ryan Kerrigan, WR A.J. Green, and CB Kareem Jackson. If your bored and want something fun to do give it a try. I plan on doing one with the Jaguars next. If anyone tries it out, post your team, how long it took you to win the bowl, and any cool acquisitions.

Last edited: