Slider Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm going to chime in on the slider discussion and create a thread for it as it took up too much of the sign up thread. I'll echo what Futuriistiics said ask that everyone post questions in the player's lounge if there is not already a thread addressing it. We don't want to clutter threads designed for one thing by talking about something else.

As for the sliders, be sure to adjust the sliders before advancing the week. They may not take effect if you do them after. Also, it's generally a good idea to try sliders for at least two weeks to verify they have been activated in game and to eliminate some of the variance. Lastly, the 15 second rundown is to prevent teams from creating new plays at the LOS by excessive hot routes (which is not sim). Also, the goal is to get a realistic amount of plays (roughly 60 per team) while trying to not go over an hour of game time. If you guys think that needs to be adjusted, that's fine, just keep those things in mind.

Glad you guys are enjoying the league so far!

SoAndSo

Starter
I am happy with the gameplay. I think the CPU's run game was a challenge, as well as their passing game. Their defense held me to 0 points in the second half, but then again, I was comfortable with my lead & trying to burn off as much of the clock as possible. All in all, it was an intense game. One that did not make me want to supersim, & had me on the edge of my seat until the end of the game. Then again, I was playing the Pats.

motel08

Contributor
For me, Playing the CPU on default sliders is way too easy. I can stop them just about every time, and I can run and pass on them way too easy.

This is my suggestion for sliders.

Change the fumbling to "75." The CPU run game sucks when it's at 5 like smitty has. Set it for both; Human-CPU. It is that way because the CPU is too scared to fumble so they run worse. At 75, RBs use their abilities more. And set QB accuracy to 16. There are too many bad throws with elite QBs when it's at 8.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...9-smittys-zero-theory-simulation-sliders.html

Should look like this: Same for both Human/CPU

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 (Zero) threshold, the injuries are at 50, and fatigue is at 90

QBA = 16/15 (You decide. I prefer 16.)

PBK/RBK = 0 (want the pocket play to be reflected more by the ratings without any slider aid, despite being separated from the difficulty level, so it’s at 0.)

WR Catching = 36 (initially had it at 30, but CPU had too many drops that should be catches)

Fumbles = 75 (The CPU run's better this way. The Running Back uses more of his abilties)

Pass Reaction = 100

INT’s = 70 (Secondary will still drop picks, but if the DB has a B-Line to the ball for the pick 7-8 times of 10 it’ll be a picked off pass)

Pass Defense = 100

Tackling = 36 (initially had the tackling at 0, 8, 25, 35, but the QB would break tackles that he should blasted from. Other players go down, or shed tackles respectively)

In regards of the pass defense, the main reason why I have PR/PD at 100 so that you’ll see more legit separation on pass plays. Defenders can get beat badly depending on the matchup or route ran, but the defender will more legitimately recover/trail the WR in a more realistic fashion.

I had used the penalty sliders from Charter04:
Penalties
Offside: 47
False Start: 43
Holding: 38
Facemask:1 (this helps there to be more wrap up tackles)
DPI: 44
OPI: 37
KR/PR Int:43
Clipping: 48
Int Grounding:25
RTP:53
RTK:35

P.S. The penalty sliders aren't really penalty slider's. They change the way the game is played. For example, Int Grounding changes the QB throw away rate when pressured. And the PI's change how aggressively defender got for the ball in jump ball situations.

alpaca16

Contributor
I am not a big slider guy so I won't pretend to be an expert. What motel08 said above seems like it deserves a shot, maybe use them as a good base and tweak from there. Offering my input on difficulty, the CPU was easy to stop for the most part, probably due to a very effective pass rush. Maybe be sure to increase o line protection for CPU. It was also pretty easy to drive on the CPU when mixing up the running and passing plays, it only got difficult when using a one dimensional offense (two minute drill or running out the clock). Seems to be a general consensus on CPU difficulty, also noticed Vikings put up 50 something points against a CPU, maybe shorted the quarters to make this more realistic.

SoAndSo

Starter
I didn't mean you alpaca16, motel08 was my opponent & wasn't able to play. I played the cpu which was definitely challenging at times. So I was wondering what level he played on during his research.

JohnnyShred612

Contributor
I just played my preseason game and the passing sliders seem horrific. Throwing unpressured to wide open targets and the ball is nowhere close. I much prefer default sliders, passing game was nearly impossible since one in every three passes were anywhere near the ballpark of the target.

Other sliders were okay-ish.

I just played my preseason game and the passing sliders seem horrific. Throwing unpressured to wide open targets and the ball is nowhere close. I much prefer default sliders, passing game was nearly impossible since one in every three passes were anywhere near the ballpark of the target.

Starting mine too, so will check it out also

motel08

Contributor

The other slider though, you can destroy the CPU. At least I can.

I couldn't get anything going in my game against the CPU and lost it 19-7. But that might've just been my playcalling as I didn't have too easy a time in week 1 either.

I definitely didn't find the cpu too easy or any kind of pushover, but I've never been a madden pro that found All Madden the same as rookie anyway, lol.

We'll see what feedback everyone else has, and decide what to do for the next advance. How does All-Madden difficulty usually work in CFM? Would that be more of a challenge? We definitely want to ire on the side of more difficult than too easy

JohnnyShred612

Contributor
Listen, I'd rather too difficult than too easy, but I'd rather too easy than artificially difficult.

If I lose a game against the CPU because I make terrible playcalls or force a ball into triple coverage, I deserve to lose. If I have Brandon Marshall wide open down the field and Jay Cutler overthrows him by literally about 20 yards with no pressure, or I have Alshon Jeffery open on a slant and Cutler throws it five yards off target and into a defender's hands, that's not fun. It makes me terrified to ever pass the ball.

I'm up for giving All Madden a shot, but the current sliders (unless my game was a freak anomaly for some reason) were awful, at least for quarterbacks, which would make my high-octane Bears offense a non-factor. Frankly, I haven't played this game a ton yet, but in some of my other franchises, the CPU is definitely beatable on All-Pro, but they've also punished me on All-Pro for sloppy mistakes, so I'm not opposed to that either. Let's see what others say once they play their games and get some feedback.

alpaca16

Contributor
JohnnyShred couldn't have said it any better in his last post. We need to find a way to make the CPU defense difficult without it being outright unfair (missing open receivers, perfect coverage from 70 ovr cbs). I agree that the comp was just as easy as week 1 (I won 49-3). Although I got some lucky fumbles and interceptions which boosted my score, I do play a sim style (no artificial preplay adjustments or player movements) which I think can give you an edge on defense. At first I was skeptical of BDJarko putting up 50 back to back weeks but after scoring 49 with a sim style I completely understand it is possible. I still support harder sliders and shorter cquarters.

motel08

Contributor
I love these sliders, the coverage is set so high because the speed threshold. The receivers actually get legit separation when their fast and speedy.

Look at your guys QB accuracy. I bet they are probably low 80s. The way Madden accuracy works is that the pass is either perfect or way off. And putting it let increases the odds of the inaccurate passes.

alpaca16

Contributor
I'm not sure if it was my team or my play call but the game just felt unbalanced. My receivers got separation but theirs could barely get free. My running backs could get off the line of scrimmage and make a juke upfield, theirs were getting tripped and stuck in the backfield. The passing accuracy was actually pretty good, as it was actually difficult to put a deep pass on target or to hit tight windows. There seems to be a disparity of opinions on the difficulty of the CPU, I hope this extra time for practice games and scrimmages will help to get things straightened out. It's great to hear your thoughts on the sliders, maybe I just had a lucky/good game, definitely deserves more testing before tweaking again.

SoAndSo

Starter
I'm going on record to say I liked the sliders week one over week two. Both games were fun, yet challenging. I found the Browns a little bit tougher to beat than the Pats thanks to the slider change, which we all know is unrealistic. That's my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.