Season 2: Vikings vs Redskins Week 3 - Post Game Press Conference

moniqx4

Starter
Q: You guys won a close one. I think its fair to say the defense won that game. Give us your thoughts on the Vikings performance.

Coach: Yeah the defense came through for us today, stayed very focused and kept us in the game. The offense struggled all day. Alot of credit to their defense, we were making plays offensively but were not able to get in the endzone.

Q: Bridgewater struggled again, two intercepts. A better performance then last week, but still seems to not look comfortable out there, seemed like you guys were being very conservative on play calling.

Coach: We knew they were a very good, disciplined defense. They had very good coverage out there, and got a lot of pressure making it hard to get any rhythm out there on offense. We were feeling pretty confident about what our defense was doing out there, so instead of possibly making some mistakes that could take us out of a very close game, which we saw on that pick six play, we felt a better plan was to hold onto the ball as long as we could and get any points we could and let our defense handle the rest.

Q:The defense had an amazing game. Shutting down the passing game almost entirely, and keeping a powerful running game in check and not letting them get in the endzone , which is not an easy task with Alfred Morris and Justin Gray running the ball.

Coach: We worked hard on staying focused, and playing within our gameplan. Last week we didn't do that at the end, and gave up a chance to get back in the game. So they were very determined to not let that happen again. I was very impressed with how they stepped up and it wasn't just a few players, we saw a number of guys make clutch plays all over the field and I think that was why we saw less passing attempts from their offense as the game went on.

Q: The offensive play was mediocre at best. You guys were moving the ball but not able to make those big plays when needed. Wallace had that fumble on what could of been a big play. A number of catches that should of been caught but they couldn't hang on to it. Any comments ?

Coach: Our offense is still a work in progress, we are making adjustments as we see fit. We haven't gotten it quite right yet, and continue to work on getting our offense better prepared each week. We have alot of talent on offense and we just have to be able to adjust better to these difficult game situations.

Q:The running game was better than last week. More carries for the running backs and couple of big runs by them. However, it still seemed somewhat lacking and maybe could of been involved more.

Coach: Our running game wasn't ideal, but their defense was doing very well against the run. So I think overall, based on the tough opposition they did as well as can be expected. I would of loved to have carried the ball more, but the yards we needed were just not there for us on the ground today.

Q: Next week you face the Rams. Do you think the fans will get a chance to see some of the new guys on offense step up and make a more exciting game?

Coach: We always look to move the ball and let everyone get their hands on it and make scores, but once in while you're going to have these defensive games that just come down to who breaks first. From my defensive background, I find that exciting, so I guess its all about perceptions. ::laughs::

Take care, and Good Luck against the Rams.

Coach: Thank-you.