Season 2: Vikings vs Giants Week 7 - Post Game Press Conference

moniqx4

Starter
Q: Good win on the road. Started out strong, then things kinda of slowed down in the second half. Give us your summary of the game.

Coach:
I think we played a solid game, they did manage to rally in the second half and we gave up some big plays allowed them to get back in the game. When they got close to scoring, I reminded the defense, we didn't call all this way to lose it in the end, and they came up big when we needed it. I wasn't looking forward to overtime.

Q: Xavier Rhodes definitely preserved the win with that interception in the end zone. The secondary seemed to be having problems matching up against their wide receivers. Gave up over 300 yards in the air. What was the problem there?

Coach:
They have a good set of receivers out there. We're playing against players that can make the big one handed catches. Hell, one of their receivers was the cover guy for Madden and rookie of the year. They are deep on talent. Our plan coming in was to get after Eli as much as possible, because receivers can't catch balls that are not there. I think our defensive line did a good job of that. Robison came away with a few sacks, and we kept Eli's completion rate under 60 %.

Q: We've seen Kearse have another great game with 2 TDs and 88 yards making that two good games in a row, after barely doing anything when he first came to Minnesota. What do you attribute to the turn around?

Coach: He got use to our offense and got him in a position to be able to make more plays. I challenged him to show me what he had, or risk sitting on the sidelines all year. He loves football, so he started hustling and showing he could makes those plays and worked himself back in as a starter. I expect this to continue, he likes the attention he is getting now.

Q: Bridgewater looked very much in control out there. No interceptions and the offensive line managed to not allow any sacks this week. A big difference from last years offensive line. What changes would you say have had the biggest impact ?

Coach:
Really its been some of our veterans stepping up and getting the younger guys to rally around them. Sullivan, Loadholt and Kalil have really been working hard, and being a great example for the rookies getting them better prepared for each game. We still need to do more work on opening up the run game better, but we're still a work in progress.

Q: Here you are guys are with a record of 4-2. With a chance to be tied for 1st place in your division if you can get a win against Detroit next week who is currently leading the division. A big personal rivalry. Last year, both teams won 1 of each of your meetings. Are you guys ready to step up ?

Coach:
Most definitely. We are very hyped for this game, and very prepared for them. I personally don't think they can handle our defense. They think they had problems with us before, its going to be alot worse. Especially with an offense that can put points on the board.

Q: Well, those sound like fighting words. Definitely a game the fans will not want to miss. How is Everson Griffen looking in terms of being able to return to the field?

Coach: I think he'll be ready to go. He's been getting some reps in during practice, looks good and he is anxious to get back out there and get back to protecting his lead in number of sacks. Another reason Detroit has to be worried.

Q: Well good luck next week. I'm sure it will be a hard hitting affair that the fans will not want to miss.