Seahawks - Packers trade

woodsmall12

All-Star
Green Bay Packers Tigers20 $4.82 Cap - $0 Current Penalty

Send:
2017 5th Round Pick (projected pick #144)
CB Damarious Randall 24 yrs 74 Overall - Fast Development
- Contract: 3 yrs left $1.69M in 16, $1.69M in 17, $2.01M in 18 - $2.61M Penalty invoked on the Packers
image.jpg

To ...
Seattle Seahawks (woodsmall12) $3.95M Cap $0 Current Penalty
In Exchange for ...
DT Jordan Hill 25 yrs 84 Overall - Avg Development
- Contract: 1 yrs left $660k in 16 - $150k Penalty invoked on the Seahawks
DT Brandon Mebane 31 yrs 84 Overall - Avg Development
- Contract: 2 yrs left $4.23M in 16, $4.77M in 17 - $5M Penalty invoked on the Seahawks
image.jpg image.jpg

Packers are looking for help up front ... One player will be used at DT in the 3-4 scheme and the other will be utilized at an End position ... Seahawks are looking to add a nickelback with the loss of Jeremy Lane this past off season ... Young CB also adds depth as Williams is in the last year of his contract and Sherman is aging

BigTexas18 Paytonno1son NightHawkTH32 majesty95 pack1797

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
According to these numbers the Packers don't have the cap space to make this work. Even if they squeezed it right under the cap it's still not ideal as it would prevent them from signing anyone else this season if an injury occurred. Needs to be re-worked. Denied for now

pack1797

Staff member
My initial reaction is that Seattle is slightly over paying here. I understand that hill being in the final year of his contract drops the value some, but I think hes worth more than a fifth by himself, if only a little. The other side is pretty close, when age difference, mebane having 2 years left, and the young corner's development trait. Not trying to nitpick it. Just some food for thought.

woodsmall12

All-Star
According to these numbers the Packers don't have the cap space to make this work. Even if they squeezed it right under the cap it's still not ideal as it would prevent them from signing anyone else this season if an injury occurred. Needs to be re-worked. Denied for now

He will be parring down his roster ... after the trade he will have 54 players

His cap is 4.82 mil plus 1.69 with Randall's exit makes his cap 6.51 mil ... I am sending him 4.9 ... this allows $1.5 mil ... roster cuts have not even been factored in

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
He will be parring down his roster ... after the trade he will have 54 players

His cap is 4.82 mil plus 1.69 with Randall's exit makes his cap 6.51 mil ... I am sending him 4.9 ... this allows $1.5 mil ... roster cuts have not even been factored in

Ahh. Good point. I missed that. $1.5M isn't a ton of cap space for the season. Also, cutting down to 53 doesn't usually affect cap space since it's over 53. But if he Lucy's a guy that has a decent salary he's ok.

I will vote to approve pending he understands his cap situation and that its up to him to ensure he has adequate funding or any injury replacements down the road.

zbenjamin85

Starter
I would vote agree as long as he understands how close his salary cap will be in event of injury. Could put him a very tight spot depending on where the injury is.

B

BlackPaw

Looks like you guys covered everything. His cap is better plus their salary will go down after the trade as well.

Approved.