Scouting and Watch list video for 16

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I can tell you with absolute certainty that Reyes would have been a 1st round pick in this league despite his 3rd round grade. We drafted guys in the 2nd and 3rd rounds last year that had 4-5th round grades. And Reyes actually came in with ratings you would expect of a 1st rounder.

The good thing is that it is more of a gamble. He could have been a bust which one of the projected 1st round guys could have also. I like that as well as it was far too easy to stack your team through the draft. Now we are all pretty much on a level playing field and everyone will have an equal shot at drafting busts which was pretty rare last year if you used your scouting points.

Last edited:

woodsmall12

All-Star
Definitely like the randomness and more secrecy to what kind of player u will get ... All for not giving away all of the goodies

I can also see this as a way to have users more involved w Free Agency and also have to make trades to help bolster certain positions

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Definitely like the randomness and more secrecy to what kind of player u will get ... All for not giving away all of the goodies

I can also see this as a way to have users more involved w Free Agency and also have to make trades to help bolster certain positions

Yeah, that's a good point. Some guys could rely exclusively on the draft to build their team. Now you may strike out on a few picks so you will have to spend money wisely in free agency or make a key trade or two.

Croutard

Contributor
I agree I'd rather just pick the three but honestly I hope this makes scouting difficult. In Madden 15 all you had to do is find players with B Intangibles and you knew you were getting a good player;

For example I just simmed a season as the Jags then scouted just for intangibles and this is what i got in the first 4 rounds;

Round 1 pick 5 - RT OVR 81
Round 2 pick 5 - RG OVR 76
Round 3 pick 5 - DT OVR 85
Round 3 pick 28 - FS OVR 81
Round 4 pick 5 - RG OVR 77

The reason I'm not too worried is because I think it'll be harder for this shark to happen. Could they have changed it so you could still scout individual attributes and not end up with drafts like this? Yeah I believe so, but ill wait and judge it after playing a few seasons.

This is exactly what I would do in M15 and people would always wonder how I get all these good players in later rounds zS

Glen Cieske

All-Star
FYI, the when you unlock their "Real Draft Grade" it does not correlate with Overall. I drafted a Center that had a 4th round grade and he was a 77 overall player

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
FYI, the when you unlock their "Real Draft Grade" it does not correlate with Overall. I drafted a Center that had a 4th round grade and he was a 77 overall player

That's probably about right for a C. I don't think they ever go higher than 2nd round. I think it was Clint Oldenberg that told me the unlocked draft grade is almost 100% accurate. Thought there would be more variance in there but it appears pretty simplistic and not much chance at striking out on first 3-4 picks :(