Raiders / Broncos trade

dspbuckle

All-Star
The Raiders are looking to acquire LB Shane Ray from the Broncos.

BRONCOS
Salary Cap: $166.27M Salary Free: $16.85M Salary Spent: $149.42M
shaneray.PNG
RAIDERS
Salary Cap: $166.27M Salary Free: $11.43M Salary Spent: $154.84M

The Raiders are giving up next season's 3rd round pick.

Reasoning: The loss of Mack and Aldon Smith was rough but Malcom smith, Been Heeny and Bruce Irvin have stepped up. The Raiders also drafted another rookie to help the squad early on, but the young man was injured in the preseason and is out until ~week 6. Joining him is Bruce Irvin as of this week with a broken collarbone for another 9 weeks.

Shane Ray will play at LOLB while Irvin is out. Afterward he will move to his ROLB spot.

Danperez dspbuckle majesty95 pack1797 BigTexas18 JerseyBorn NightHawkTH32

Last edited:

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I would be fine with a 3rd for the young LB. Even though he is in his contract year he has a decent skill set and he has room to grow.

The only thing that worries me is your running out if cap space!

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm going to say no. You weren't able to sign Mack and some others bc of cap management. I have no idea if you'll be able to sign this guy. I don't like a 3rd for that.

dspbuckle

All-Star
Not exactly. They wanted 5 years even if I offered them 1.5x to the money in 4 years. That's almost double cash in 20% less time! Crazy! They wanted to a wedding on the spot, not just an engagement ring.

Regardless, note taken.

- Hugo

JerseyBorn

All-Star
I'm kinda torn on this one. On one hand I agree with Majesty that I'm not sure if Hugo will be able to re-sign Ray but on the other hand this is gonna be a regular Madden draft and based on my experience this year, those are incredibly weak and by the 2nd-3rd round you're sifting through a bunch of undrafted talent trying to find late round projections and hoping they're better than their projection/talent says. With how many users we have it'll probably be even worse. So a 3rd doesn't have as much value this season as it did the past 2 drafts, in my opinion. With that being said, I think I'd vote yes on this.

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
Wow, this is a tough one to decide on, I agree with the fact that your cap space and cap management is concerning with Ray being in a contract year but also agree with Jersey that 3rd round value in a regular draft doesnt hold the value that it did with real life prospects so I am going to go ahead and vote yes on this trade with the hope that you can move some guys around and be able to re-sign Ray.

dspbuckle

All-Star
...I'm not sure if Hugo will be able to re-sign Ray...

Some times you just need a guy to fill in the gaps for a few innings...
samardzija.0707.jpg

pack1797

Staff member
I hate to say it, but I don't think Hugo will be able to resign him. That said, he's actively trying to move people on his trade block, so he appears to be addressing his cap difficulties. It's tough here for all the above mentioned reasons. While I don't want to judge an owner unfairly, I'm gonna say no until the Raiders clear up some of their cap issues.

dspbuckle

All-Star
although I hate to not have Ray, I got a solid proposal set in case this fell through that is even better.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
So a 3rd round pick here isn't enough value but its worth two 80+ OVR players in another trade? Got it