Practice squad

With the much needed addition of the practice squad in place now are there specific parameters for a player to be eligible for the practice squad? I notice while going through my roster certain players when I click on them in rosters say practice squad eligible. Is this just a suggestion built into the game or is any player on our rosters eligible to be added to the practice squad. this is very important while formulating our final rosters as we head into the season and getting down to the 53 man limit.

Duv49ers

Starter
Players who are eligible for PS (like rookies, UDFA, etc).

This wont be available until after Week 4 Preseason.

Here's the breakdown.

Each NFL team may keep up to ten members on its practice squad in addition to the 53-member main roster. A majority of those on a practice squad are rookie draft picks and Undrafted Free Agents (UDFAs) who were cut in training camps. A practice squad also includes veterans. Players may be signed to a practice squad for several reasons: for lack of space on the team, due to injury, or because they require more development.

A player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than three seasons; he is eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment, or have no prior accrued seasons in the NFL (an accrued season is six or more games on the active roster); or if he has accrued a year of NFL experience on a club's 53-man active roster. If the player was on the active list for fewer than 9 games during their "only Accrued Season(s)", he maintains his eligibility for the practice squad. Games in which a player is listed as the third-string quarterback (a designation that has been abolished as of 2011) do not count as being on the active list.[2]

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Or, the easier explanation for Madden 17, players can be added to the practice squad during week 4 of the preseason and are limited to players with two years or less of experience :p