Players' Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

motel08

Contributor
I happen to enjoy these sliders very much, the run defense is good so it's no longer guaranteed that my back is getting a 100 yd game. It also gives me incentive to pass on early downs and helps balance out my rush vs pass. If people are really disliking the rush difficulty of these sliders or have found a way to exploit them, you should check out mr hurriicanes sliders (on his youtube channel). I have tried these and have gotten some good games, albeit I find them a bit weak in pass coverage. It's gonna be a compromise for all of us (different skill levels). In the meantime we must all find a way to continue to try to play sim and keep stats balanced until we find the perfect slider set.
Are you saying you saying that you're enjoying the default sliders, alpaca16

Ben

Contributor
This. I can understand going for it to catch up when down by 24 (3 Tds and 2pt) and I believe I even had a game recently where it's what Madden suggested after scoring.

However, I'd say the only appropriate time for that many tries would've been if he were down late in the 3rd or anytime in 4th. 3 in the 2nd Qtr is too early
Yea. The first score i can see to make it 24-8, but when he scored again, depending on how much time was left, he should have gone for the extra point. To make it a two score game 24-15

Ben

Contributor
I agree with alpaca16 outside of a few things that need adjustments, ie: fatigue slider, the game plays really well. For the first time in a llllooooooonnnnggggg time madden plays good on All-Pro default sliders. I had a very close and exciting game against Denver (cpu) and whooped the smack out of the Jags (cpu). Gameplay feels good.

JohnnyShred612

Contributor
I was up 24-0 after the first play of the second quarter. There was no attempt at running it up on my part, he just threw a handful of picks straight at my guys in his territory and I capitalized.

Basically, 24 points is a big deficit, but as has been said in here, when you have three quarters of the game left, it's not acceptable to be going for two every score.

I also have found the All-pro sliders good and have had tight games. My only notable beef with it is the CPU's tendency to complete too many, if not all, of its passes.

Anyone with specific tweaks in mind should post them in the Slider Discussion so we can get a consensus on what types of changes we might want to make.

alpaca16

Contributor
I agree with you where the CPU hits all of its passes. Maybe decrease the CPU accuracy (mrhurriicane decreased it to 7) I have gotten some realistic games with CPU accuracy on 5 and User on 7. If this is too much maybe increase pass blocking to compensate. Just an idea.

motel08

Contributor
I agree with you where the CPU hits all of its passes. Maybe decrease the CPU accuracy (mrhurriicane decreased it to 7) I have gotten some realistic games with CPU accuracy on 5 and User on 7. If this is too much maybe increase pass blocking to compensate. Just an idea.
Dude. The sliders I like it is on 16 and everybody was complaining that that is too low. and you want it at 7?

I agree with you though QB accuracy needs to go down. But everyone else disagrees

alpaca16

Contributor
I haven't heard many complaints about low passing accuracy, in fact Johnny shred was just commenting on Geno Smith completing passes into triple coverage (probably an exaggeration) but regardless Geno or any other quarterback for that matter should not consistently be throwing dimes into tight coverage. I also have gotten more fumbles than ints (should be the other way around) so maybe lower accuracy can make for more realistic outcomes in game.

Ben

Contributor
Funny because I have yet to fumble in this game or force a fumble. Plenty of int's though. Yes CPU and User pass accuracy needs to go down

motel08

Contributor
Futuriistiics, Ben, JohnnyShred612, Here is an example of a game where a team is down by 24 points. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201311240nwe.htm No 2 point conversions, but the team that was down didn't score until the 3rd quarter.

But here is a chart that tells you when you should go for the 2. It says when you're down 10-11 early, you should have about 50% confidence in your offense that you'll make the three. I'm sure it's much higher when down by 24 points in the
http://waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/2-point-conversion-chart.emf_.jpg

Reactions: Ben

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Yea. The first score i can see to make it 24-8, but when he scored again, depending on how much time was left, he should have gone for the extra point. To make it a two score game 24-15

Why would you go for a 2 score game when u can make it a one score game? You have almost no risk in going for 2. If you make it, you are down 1 score. If you miss, you are still down two scores and those two scores can still win it. Personally, I don't see an issue with guys going for 2 when they are down multiples of 8. Now, if they were to run the same play or route every time they go for 2 you would probably have a complaint. That's my 2 cents at least...

motel08

Contributor
There are a lot of cheesers on last Gen in online ranked.
Yeah, this year the cheesers run no huddle, like always, and 4 verts, the one with that unstoppable TE route. Or just regular 4 verts, and presecion pass left or right, depending upon how the guy is being covered and it frickin' works almost every time no matter what.

alpaca16

Contributor
On four verts just put the DE opposite the TE on man coverage with the TE. Or just user the MLB. Make sure you have two deep safety also (ideally dime package 2 man under)

Status
Not open for further replies.