Players' Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the Player's Lounge

index.php

The Player's Lounge is a place where you can hang out and chat with other league members. Feel free to discuss anything and everything while you're here. Just remember to keep it clean. We are a family establishment ;) Sit back, kick your feet up and make yourself at home!

Any interest in doing franchise stories? Post game write-ups, fake interviews, that sort of thing.

Definitely. We'll have a thread for "Game Recaps" each week, which it looks like I forgot to add to the League description. At the simplest, I'd like everyone to do a short summary of their game that week so the rest of the league can kind of get an idea of how it went. The New Gen leagues can just stream their games on twitch and everyone else can watch, but since we don't have that feature, we'd like to still do the best we can with this.

The Recaps can be as long (write-ups, fake interviews, in-depth play-by-play accounts, etc) or as short (notable stats, box scores, a sentence or two on how you felt you did, etc) as each person wants them to be, provided they give a clear picture of how the game went.

Everyone can also create their own "Team Reports" thread that they can use to report how their seasons are going, individual game reports, roster moves they've made, what their "Goals" are for the season, game previews, etc, just to throw out some ideas.

That sound good with everyone? Just make it fun, that's what we want. This kind of stuff is what differentiate px1sports leagues from any old league you find via the in-game league search feature

SoAndSo

Starter
Welcome to the Player's Lounge

index.php

The Player's Lounge is a place where you can hang out and chat with other league members. Feel free to discuss anything and everything while you're here. Just remember to keep it clean. We are a family establishment ;) Sit back, kick your feet up and make yourself at home!

I wish my man cave looked like this... *wipes drool*

I haven't been able to get in contact with JDUSH, Jwbowersgtr, and I think WarJax also was unreachable by his PS Week 1 opponent.

JDUSH's name will be removed from the Owners' list as he hasn't been on the forum in nearly a week since picking his team and hasn't responded to any of my contacts nor PSN messages (he's on my Friend List, so I see he logs on, :confused:).

Jwbowersgtr and WarJax have created characters in-game, but haven't been able to be reached since then. They're on auto for the time being, but if they don't show by time the Regular Season starts, they too will be removed and the teams freed up

motel08, SoAndSo, alpaca16, JohnnyShred612, BDJarko, mookmilly81

alpaca16

Contributor
Is the league advance going to be slower in the regular season? I'm not sure if it's just me but I've got school and the only time I have is when I get hone. By that time the free agent waivers have already been awarded and I have to scramble to schedule a game. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Alright guys, looking at the League Schedule page I see a few blowouts happening against the CPU. You guys obviously found the CPU much easier to play than me, but be that as it may . . .

I'm going to post some rules and guidlines about running up scores and padding stats. I know we're still working out the sliders and there are some inconsistancies with the CPU's difficulty level, but part of playing "Sim" is not exploiting that to "Pad Stats"

As I posted before, "If you'd never see it on any given Sunday", chances are it's unsim.

Before we advance any further, I'm going to play everyone in a scrimmage to evaluate their gameplay and give any pointers I can on complying with the "Sim" style.

I invite you all to check your Box Scores and compare your stats to what you might normally expect from a NFL Preseason game. I'm not talking about stats as dictated by the slider dificulty, but the stats that show how you played the game. How much did your starting QB play in the preseason? Is there any player who's stats were abnormally bloated by you intentionally targeting them? Were you still scoring 14+ points a quarter in the 2nd half, despite having a big lead instead of running down the clock? Etc.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I will echo this. Everyone is certainly allowed to play the game in any fashion that they choose. You spent the money to do so. This league, unfortunately, is not one of those leagues.

This league is designed to be a simulation of real life football. Lobby ball, glitching, exploiting or otherwise abusing the AI or trying to create an advantage will not be permitted in the league. If we did not make that clear going in, I apologize.

To prevent any hard feelings or from anyone feeling that their time is being wasted, please feel free to remove yourself from the league if a true simulation style play is not for you. Best to part ways now then fight against each other all season. For those of you that did join because you like the simulation style, again, I apologize if you feel that your experience has been tarnished at all up to this point. We will do our best to provide the best possible simulation experience that we can for you guys going forward.

motel08

Contributor
Alright guys, looking at the League Schedule page I see a few blowouts happening against the CPU. You guys obviously found the CPU much easier to play than me, but be that as it may . . .

I'm going to post some rules and guidlines about running up scores and padding stats. I know we're still working out the sliders and there are some inconsistancies with the CPU's difficulty level, but part of playing "Sim" is not exploiting that to "Pad Stats"

As I posted before, "If you'd never see it on any given Sunday", chances are it's unsim.

Before we advance any further, I'm going to play everyone in a scrimmage to evaluate their gameplay and give any pointers I can on complying with the "Sim" style.

I invite you all to check your Box Scores and compare your stats to what you might normally expect from a NFL Preseason game. I'm not talking about stats as dictated by the slider dificulty, but the stats that show how you played the game. How much did your starting QB play in the preseason? Is there any player who's stats were abnormally bloated by you intentionally targeting them? Were you still scoring 14+ points a quarter in the 2nd half, despite having a big lead instead of running down the clock? Etc.

I can blow out the CPU playing sim style football with default sliders. But the sliders I asked you to put in, it is much more of a challenge to play, and I even lose some games. Yes, I play a lot of online ranked games, but I always play Sim football in those, no matter what the #MaddenFags, (people who exploit the game) are playing. I have always wanted to be in a Sim Franchise league and this is my first time.

If you set the sliders to default, I will win every game against the CPU, but the sliders I gave you, I have played about 30 games, 7 min. quarter, no runoff, and won about 60% of them in my connected franchise.

So I prefer the sliders we are using now. And Change the Fatigue to 60. In my opinion it is way too high at 90. If you go with them next week.

Futuriistiics

alpaca16

Contributor
I believe I am one of the people (and BDJarlo) who is being referenced for possibly "running up the score". With all due respect, I play a full sim style without artificial preplay movements or adjustments. I play a good mix of defense and switch up my offensive formations often. Two things that allowed me to run up the score was the fumbles and my rushing. The CPU often threw short screen passes, which resulted in either a loss of yards or a quick hit that led to a fumble (I recovered 2 in my 49-3 win). Once I had a substantial lead, I attempted to run down the clock (short passes on 3rd and short).
The problem was that the run blocking was too good. I found it quite easy to consistently gain 5 yards up the middle or to get around the edge for a 10 or 15 yard gain. My short pass formations I almost always found a receiver wide open. The only player on my team with unrealistic stats was possibly RB Robert Turbin (11 att, 107 yd) but this is due to running down the clock and my 3rd string back (Christine Michael) getting injured in the 3rd quarter.
I would like to reiterate that at first, I too was skeptical of BDJarko's back to back blowouts, but after playing the CPU I find it completely possible that this occurred with sim style play. Please let me know if I am incorrect on anything I have said above.
I too would like to make this league as realistic and enjoyable as possible, and am by no means blowing out the computer to tout myself as a good madden player. I wish that the games were a bit more challenging as I would like to know that I can play my best (within the rules of sim) and still produce a close game and realistic statistics.
I look forward to a scrimmage and agree with the decision to postpone the advancement of the league until the owners situation is straightened out and everybody is playing within the same confines of sim. Thanks everyone.

SoAndSo

Starter
I will echo this. Everyone is certainly allowed to play the game in any fashion that they choose. You spent the money to do so. This league, unfortunately, is not one of those leagues.

This league is designed to be a simulation of real life football. Lobby ball, glitching, exploiting or otherwise abusing the AI or trying to create an advantage will not be permitted in the league. If we did not make that clear going in, I apologize.

To prevent any hard feelings or from anyone feeling that their time is being wasted, please feel free to remove yourself from the league if a true simulation style play is not for you. Best to part ways now then fight against each other all season. For those of you that did join because you like the simulation style, again, I apologize if you feel that your experience has been tarnished at all up to this point. We will do our best to provide the best possible simulation experience that we can for you guys going forward.

I feel as though I have had a very sim-like experience, aside from the "dog walking", I think we have some great players / owners in the league. After seeing Minnesota destroying teams with their passing game, I didn't think anything odd of it. I just did what a smart owner would do & bulked up my defensive backfield. I would like to see him in a game & I believe we have a game scheduled in the 2nd half of the season. As for exploits, I don't know of any, because I don't invest time looking for them online. I wouldn't know if someone were to exploit our game if we were to play each other. I can't help you there. I do know, that my style of play leads my games to be realistically suspenseful and close the first two weeks. Hopefully, Futuriistiics will see this in our scrimmage today.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I don't know how different PS3 is from PS4 but I'm having challenging games on default All-Pro. Provide Futuriistiics with some feedback pertaining to the default sliders in the slider thread and he can make some small adjustments. I believe it is still preseason so shouldn't be a big issues until the regular season starts. Just don't panic about them. Eventually you guys will get to something that is workable for the majority.

JohnnyShred612

Contributor
I have yet to play a franchise with default rosters, but I have another league going with a buddy that's a fantasy draft, and my team is 8-4 having played all CPU on All Pro. Only one or two games have been pushovers, most have punished me for my mistakes.

Maybe I just don't know the tricks of the trade when it comes to taking advantage of the CPU, but playing sim style against the computer has yielded pretty good results at least in my fantasy league where all teams float in a pretty evenly distributed 83-88ish OVR range.

Status
Not open for further replies.