Playbook Selection

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Cleveland Browns
Offense: Arizona
Defense: Cleveland

At some point you gotta pick an offense and run with it. I'm ok with testing playbooks in the preseason, but once the regular season hits you should pretty much be sticking with one book.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
At some point you gotta pick an offense and run with it. I'm ok with testing playbooks in the preseason, but once the regular season hits you should pretty much be sticking with one book.
That's what I thought it was.. Then I went back and read the thread. It says "You can switch playbooks at any time, just make sure to post them in this thread". So that is what I did. I'm just following the rules

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
That's what I thought it was.. Then I went back and read the thread. It says "You can switch playbooks at any time, just make sure to post them in this thread". So that is what I did. I'm just following the rules

It doesn't specifically say not to run the same play 3 times in a row either ;)

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Come on man. Teams dont change their playbook every week in real life. I shouldn't have to specifically state what is "realistic" on every damn thing.
I haven't changed every week in the reg season. I started with NE in week 1 and 2. Then week 3 I did switch to ARI and planned to stay with that. If we are not allowed to change at any time during the season let's make sure thats official. I am not switching every week however. If needed, I will go back to NE for the rest of the season

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
You posted 3 times that you were changing on this page and the first one indicates you were switching again, so that's at least four this season. Again, I shouldn't have to make a rule for everything. We should all know what's realistic. If by indicating I din't have a problem with it in the preseason didn't tell you you probably shouldn't keep switching in the regular season then I apologize. But I posted that so you would have a heads up. No need to switch but if ur not gonna stick with it better figure it out now.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
You posted 3 times that you were changing on this page and the first one indicates you were switching again, so that's at least four this season. Again, I shouldn't have to make a rule for everything. We should all know what's realistic. If by indicating I din't have a problem with it in the preseason didn't tell you you probably shouldn't keep switching in the regular season then I apologize. But I posted that so you would have a heads up. No need to switch but if ur not gonna stick with it better figure it out now.
San Diego was in preseason. NE was also in preseason week 2, and stuck through week 2. Then ARI came in week 3. so that is 3. I have no intention on switching every week, and ARI was planned to stay through until the end of the year. I only switched once in regular season. So in recap if we can't switch once then we can't switch at all in the regular season

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
To clarify, you can change playbooks weekly in preseason. By week one you should pick one and stick with it. If you want to change it once dying the season, you can. But for the most part you should stick to one