Patriots Rams Trade

Patriots- DazWatSheSaid (28M Cap Space, 3.03M penalty)

Jimmy Garappolo
Quarterback
Age 23
78 OVR
3 years left in contract
Salary - 750k, 750k, 950k,
Penalty- 750K

2016 Third round pick
2016 Third round pick

Rams- Luis3250 ( 28M Cap Space, 790K penalty)

2016 Second round pick
2016 second round pick

the Rams have already played their game so they can't trade players, once again they still get Jimmy G who I believe and Luis believes is a franchise QB and can help him win games right away. I'm my opinion Jimmy is worth way more than a second round pick that's why there's 2 picks being traded for him.

majesty95 pack1797 mycaddy kha0tikdreamz

Last edited:

visionz813

Starter
Im going to vote no. That first rounder the rams have is currently a top 10 pick (#8 as of this reply). If you changed the 4th rounder to a 2nd round pick I think that would make more sense. Brockers is young and adds value of his own. Jimmy is a decent QB, but we dont know what kind of quality a top 10 pick will produce in madden just yet.

Im going to vote no. That first rounder the rams have is currently a top 10 pick (#8 as of this reply). If you changed the 4th rounder to a 2nd round pick I think that would make more sense. Brockers is young and adds value of his own. Jimmy is a decent QB, but we dont know what kind of quality a top 10 pick will produce in madden just yet.
I understand the reasoning, but brockers by himself would not warrant Jimmy by himself. Many owners have offered me second round picks and players together just for Jimmy, and using the market to get a true value for Jimmy it would seem that people do value him a lot. Not to mention a DT will never have the same effect in a game as a QB, mind you that Jimmy has Attributes of a franchise QB. That was my reasoning for only offering up a 4rth for the swap of 1rst round choices due to Jimmy being way more valuable than just one player.

visionz813

Starter
Ok so if people have offered you 2nd round picks an players why is his value top 10, possibly top 5? Brockers is already additional compensation on his end, and a 4th isnt worth a young 80 overall player. Just trying to establish what kind of value were looking at here.

Ok so if people have offered you 2nd round picks an players why is his value top 10, possibly top 5? Brockers is already additional compensation on his end, and a 4th isnt worth a young 80 overall player. Just trying to establish what kind of value were looking at here.
That's a good point, I would have to say that the value in my side is clear he's a star player in the making. Out of all the other owners I would have to say that each valued Jimmy differently and I would have to say that Luis values Jimmy as his franchise QB. Getting a QB with 78 rating is pretty good for a top 10 pick in this years madden. Brockers and a second would cover Jimmy as well except in this case the Rams don't have to lose a draft pick they just move back in the draft and secure the most important position for their team

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
This is a little more detailed than I have time to dig into right now, but moving back in the draft from Top 10 to bottom 5 is worth an extra 2nd and maybe more IIRC. There is a draft pick value chart out there that has it listed. So the trade down alone values Garapalo as a 2nd leaving Brockers for a 4. At least the way I'm reading it. I'll look more closely later this evening when I can sit down and understand it better.

mycaddy

Starter
The way I am seeing it is trading 2 players then Pats giving up a first and 4th to move up in the 4th? I have not looked at the records currently to see where they would end up but judging from what was said rams are looking at a top 10 pick and Pats pick would be much later... If the purpose for the earlier pick is to get a quality QB in case brady retires then why not keep Garappolo? I assume the answer would be to get Brockers and still have that option. But then I am thinking why not Rams just keep the high pick and draft a QB themselves and keep Brockers... and get a similar QB in the draft and keep the DT? All tht being said I am going to say no only because from the explaination I do not see the value for either team other than the Pats picking up a DT they may need to help interior d-line...But I see no value for Rams since Garappolo isnt helping them win anytime soon and they can get a similar QB with the expected early pick

Luis3250

All-Star
Jimmy will be starting right away for me, and will be the future of the Rams. QB was going to be my first choice in the draft. By getting jimmy, I can now look to use my 1st rd pick on a franchise OL.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Since it's week 8 you either want to run it before both teams play or after. The game won't allow it if the teams have played an uneven amount of games and there are no more weeks to submit it after this one.