Online Connected Franchise - What's Missing?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I've tried the Connected Career Mode (Madden 13) and recently the Connected Franchise mode in a league full of 32 users on Tradition Sports Online. One thing that I loved about them is the content that some of the guys come up with. Its always interesting to reads the stories and reports that they put out. I also LOVE the draft. A full draft with 32 owners wheeling and dealing can be a ton of fun. But outside of those things, what's missing from online leagues?

One thing that I have run into is that most Madden guys, especially those that head the league, are very... testy? Is that the right word? They take it a little too serious I think. Some run it like a small office or club. They typically don't like criticism (or even feedback in general) and there interpretation of the rules varies and isn't always uniform.

There's also a big discrepancy in types of users in the leagues. Some post a lot and are very active. Others just show up and play their games for the most part. Some have great internet connections. Some lag heavily. Some really, really want to win bad. Others are perfectly happy being on the bottom of the league.

Its one of those things that has given me a great deal of pleasure at times but yet caused me an inordinate amount of headaches. Running one of those leagues (on your own time) can be a big drain and I certainly respect anyone who dedicates the time and patience orchestrate them. However, I kind of feel like something is always missing.

Maybe it is just me and my personality. I'm outspoken, opinionated and not adverse to confrontation. Maybe its my expectations. I generally want a league full of players who understand what sim ball is for those in leadership roles to conduct themselves like a manager would and be fair and balanced in their dealings. That doesn't always seem to be the case though.

What do you guys think? What is great about your leagues? What could be improved? What is missing (if anything?). I'd like to hear everyone else's opinions on this...