Offseason Schedule - S1

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We have advanced to the offseason. The draft will be THU at 9 PM CST. We realize that not everyone may be able to make it but it is impossible to fit everyone's schedule. Thursday is the best day that works for us so please try and do what you can to make it. The draft should take 1-1.5 hours and we start them around 9 PM CST as that tends to work for the majority of people.

Below is the tentative advance schedule for the offseason up to the draft. We are going a little slower as mid-week is generally the best for people to do the draft (us included) and this will space out the offseason until then.

SAT 10/24 4 AM CST - Advance to Offseason - Play Re-Signings
SUN 10/25 11 AM CST - Advance to Free Agency - Stage 1
MON 10/26 11 AM CST - Advance to Free Agency - Stage 2
TUE 10/27 11 AM CST - Advance to Free Agency - Stage 3
WED 10/28 11 PM CST - Advance to Last Week of Scouting
THU 10/29 9 PM CST - NFL Draft

We are going to give extra time during the last week of free agency to make sure everyone has a chance to make offers. Remember, you only get (at most) two free agents per week during the preseason. Use the offseason free agency to fill your preseason roster. If you do not fill your roster and have issues playing your games because your roster is not complete you will have to sacrifice draft picks to sign extra free agents (who will be under 70 OVR). The time to sign free agents is in the offseason. The preseason and regular season are for grabbing a guy who was not expected to be cut and filling spots for injured players.

Good luck!

adamwhite960

Prospect
Looking forward to un jacking up my team which was managed by a moron apparently.

Do we use group me at all or just this forum? Is there an app to make this forum easier via phone??

No option to resign. But no issue as I will right the ship in free agency.

Big week with work next couple of weeks, but I should be able to make the draft. Will be fun trying to scout with limited weeks left.

Thanks.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm going to post this as a reminder and this is the last time I'm going to mention it so be sure to pay attention. We have seen and heard about what seems like some extremely high offers being made to free agents. That is fine if you have the fund and cap room to do it. We don't want to tell you how to run your team. However, you have to make sure that you have enough money to fill out all positions on your roster. You also need to be sure you can sign all of your draft picks.

You are required to have at least 46 players on your roster. However, that likely won't give you enough depth to sustain injuries and certainly won't give you enough depth to sit guys in the preseason. We recommend you have at least 53 players on your roster but preferably 60+ going into the preseason. This will allow you to sit your starters after the first quarter and not cause roster issues.

Again, you are responsible for using free agency to fill all of the holes on your roster and ensure you have enough players at each position to go through camp with. If you do not do this and need more than 2 players to be signed during the preseason you will forfeit draft picks for picking up extra players (likely under 65 OVR). If you do not have your spots filled and the CPU auto signs someone for you to fill that spot, you will lose draft picks. If you do not have money to sign players and cannot fill your roster you will face being removed from the league.

This is not meant to be a threatening post, just a friendly reminder to make sure you are being responsible in free agency and able to fill all of the spots you need to fill on your roster. We are looking for fewer headaches this season and if you create one for us by not paying attention in free agency we may have to remove you and find someone else that will. Again, not trying to be overly harsh. Just want to make sure everyone is responsible for managing their team smartly and realistically just like they are for managing their gameplay in a realistic manner ;)

pack1797, Ol'ColdToes, 5StarTA, Rabbitsheriff, mycaddy, moniqx4, Falconsroach7, bpslm, TylerDale90, Lyric4christ, Walrussmuglr, kha0tikdreamz, Milhouse, Luis3250, RedSkinzHog, Dluxdonkeypunch, SnapDan, Cnote, LethalNtention, Gubber227, Philipfly, Justb3r3al

I cut high priced aging vets to find enough funds to fill the void of 20+ players that went to free agency. May need to sign more than two players after free agency.

I tried to sign as many scrubs as possible, but had to at least try to get some talent for the 6 or more starters and then a lot of good depth guys.

Just saying... Hope that rule does not effect the owners that came in after team did not resign our free agents.

Thanks...

Gubber227

Starter
I cut high priced aging vets to find enough funds to fill the void of 20+ players that went to free agency. May need to sign more than two players after free agency.

I tried to sign as many scrubs as possible, but had to at least try to get some talent for the 6 or more starters and then a lot of good depth guys.

Just saying... Hope that rule does not effect the owners that came in after team did not resign our free agents.

Thanks...

I am in the same boat bud. I took over a roster that had 25 guys on it. No LT's no LG's an not a single Corner on the roster. Also no kicker or punter.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
You should have 7 picks which offsets some of that. We can look at it for the news guys but cap space is cap space. I can understand not having funds for bigger free agents but you can sign bottom of the barrel guys with no bonus which is essentially the same as signing them during the preseason.

Some guys signed with other teams. I think I will end up 2 to 3 guys short.

Sad to see Miller and Vern with other teams... Hope it's a good draft.