My humble opinion on the trash talking.

pack1797

Staff member
I see majesty has closed the thread for our upcoming event, and I don't blame him. First of all, I have no authority here so don't take this as me correcting anybody here's behavior. I have a passing association with you guys at best, and I don't pretend to know any of you personally enough to judge you. What I'm going to say is just an assessment from someone who's watched this thing since the first event, so please, don't take it personally. It's an online league for a UFC game, not the damn Spanish Inquistition.

Until you get to know Gilgamesh, he might rub you the wrong way. He can come across as cocky, and will talk smack until someone here beats him. This is a fact. He has also been supportive of some of the league members such as myself who don't have the time or maybe even the skill to compete at a high level in this game. Speaking personally, he's offered to help me numerous times of his own free will. This is also a fact.

Devil has the highest online rank of any player here if I'm not mistaken. The stats don't lie. His win loss record is impressive. Devil is also newer than many of us to the CFA, so while his record is impressive, he hasn't done it here yet. All that means is exactly what it says. It doesn't mean he's incapable of working people in this league. Time will tell, and I look forward to seeing it transpire. The reason I know Devil's online stats is because he has mentioned them time and time again, mostly in good natured trash talking.
I'm good with that personally as well, he wants to be taken seriously and he uses his stats in championships to back up that point. With no resume in league yet, that's what he has to back up his talk. Like I said, the stats don't lie. They just report. Devil has also sparred with people in the league, according to the forums, and that shows that he is willing, just like Gilgamesh, to help others raise their skill level. Pretty hard to fault that.

I said Gilgamesh could rub you the wrong way, and I man that from experience. NOBODY likes to lose. Devil has rubbed people the wrong way by his trash talking without fighting in an event yet, I'm assuming. Can't speak for everyone, so maybe that's just me. If all this was just trash talk, have at it. But it's turned ugly, and I have no idea how it got here except for egos getting stepped on in online forums. Welcome to the internet. My advice, take it or leave it, is if we can't keep it good natured, keep quiet. I like everyone in this league, as far as I know them, and want to see it do well. I may never hold a title in CFA, but I'll be damned if I'm going to quit because I get outplayed. On that same note, I appreciate majesty for all the work he puts into this. If there are others helping him, then I appreciate them as well. It's hard to promote the league when we can't post on the upcoming event's thread because of feelings getting hurt. That's pitiful.

No offense intended to either of the guys named in the post, I know Gilgamesh knows me well enough to get what I'm saying, and I hope Devil takes what I say for what it is, my assessment of the situation. I hope I worded this well enough to not seem confrontational, and to be honest, this is far more politely than I would to people that I know more personally. If I didn't give a damn, I wouldn't say a word. Good luck to everyone Sunday Night. I, for one, will need it. LOL. PM me or reply if I've offended you some way and I'll try to make it right, but if all you have to say is how bad you would kick my ass in game because you don't like what I said here, well that speaks for itself.

DarkParadox21

The peoples champ.
Kinda agree, I like trash talking when its fun and hypes up the matches but bringing personal stuff into it and actually just creating actual feuds that have nothing to do with the card and posting on topics kinda makes it awkward for the other people. People have opinions and we are gonna respect that but if someone has animosity try and keep it in the PM's so other people don't get involved. So far the time I've been here this place has been really chill (Gil and Devil included) and I'm sure majesty wants to keep it that way so when new members join they wanna stay.

pack1797

Staff member
Couldn't agree more. I love the trash talking, just hate to see it turn personal and ugly. Really wasn't trying to knock anybody with what I said, just trying to see it from both sides. My only personal investment is in the good of the league, and that includes everybody in it, both now and in the future.

Gilgamesh101

Starter
I'm sure all of you were laughing your ass off when Chael Sonnen was talking smack about Brazil? I understand pack and darkparadox and majesty and jaime, but I just don't like Devil. He's got an awful personality. I of course, will take pack's advice and just keep quiet towards him. As for the rest of you guys, good luck on Sunday night, and if I catch you online pack, get your mic ready because I'm gonna help you. That's a guarantee!

Well put. I can only speak for myself, I suck at trash talking so I dont do it .lol I try and let my fighting speak for it self. I can tell you guys that win or lose, I have been having fun and my skills on this game have gotten bettern and alot of that is due to every one in the league. Just knowing everyone is trying to get better makes me work that much harder. Thanks majesty for working so hard to get the league up and going. Can't wait for tomorrows night. I have so big matches that are going to test my skills