Mingo Moves North

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Barkevious Mingo Has Been Traded
11225432_10153777830714181_6966224844906125240_n.jpg

That's right Cleveland, owner Chris Bigtex has pulled the trigger on another trade this year. We saw Tramon Williams get dealt to the Cowboys for a 5th round pick a couple weeks ago, and now Mingo heads to Green Bay. The Browns have given Green Bay LOLB Barkevious Mingo and a 5th round pick. For whom you ask??

12227104_10153777851294181_4344052083992566160_n.jpg

FS Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
2nd year man out of Alabama, safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was drafted in the first round to Green Bay. Although he has had a slow start this year only tallying 4 tackles, he has huge potential to be a premier safety in this league. While his coverage skills are average for a safety, he has a knack for coming down with the ball and creating turnovers. Turnovers, something the Browns have lacked this year. It's obvious Bigtex is trying to shake up this defense. This trade is coming in the wake of the Browns playing a tremendous game vs the 4-0 Bills, but the defense gave up a last minute drive that started on the Buf 1 yard line, and ended in the game winning FG. Clinton-Dix should add great value to this defense.

What Does This Mean For The Browns
With the Williams trade, who was the dime CB, rookie Shakiel Gray moves up to play the dime role to give him a little more playing time and to try and develop. They also move backup FS Antoine Exum Jr, who was acquired in a trade last year with the Vikings to the quarter CB. Exum has above average coverage skills for a safety, but with the addition of Clinton-Dix, its rare he'll ever see time at FS. The Browns will still be able to utilize him in coverage though.

Now that Mingo is gone, veteran Karlos Dansby will slide over to play LOLB. That means newly resigned MLB Craig Robertson will start at MLB, and youngster Chris Kirksey will finally get his chance to start at MLB #2 in this 3-4. Veteran Paul Kruger will stay on the right side. Speculation is previous starting FS Husain Abdullah, who was picked up in preseason will probably be released. We do not know who the Browns will sign to fill that player void.

Moving Forward
Browns fans are really excited for this move. They've been waiting to see Kirksey in action, and Mingo kind of left something to be desired. With the Browns 2-3, Cleveland is excited to see the 2nd year owner making moves to improve the team. Time will only tell if this will pay off though, no trade is ever promised for anything, but as it looks on paper, the Browns are doing good things. Here are some clips from the press conference.

Bigtex:
We are really excited to introduce Ha Ha here in Cleveland. We wish Mingo the best, but this trade made sense when it came up. We had already acquired a 5th round pick from Dallas, and we've been waiting for the opportunity to let Kirksey start, all along with improving our secondary.
Bigtex:
We Wish Mingo all the best with his new team in Green Bay. He joins a stellar core of linebackers with Perry and Matthews. Along with Peppers and Mebane, that team could now have the best front 7 in the league. This trade benefitted both teams so we are happy we could execute it.
Bigtex:
If this defense can really hold strong and get at least 2 wins over the next 3 weeks, we should be in great shape for a playoff run when Manziel comes back! This team at full strength should be something that is feared.
Clinton-Dix:
I'm happy to be here in Cleveland. When I was informed I was traded I had mixed emotions. I will miss the friends and family I made in Green Bay, but I'm ready to start a new journey and career path here in Cleveland. Let's Go Dawg Pound!!
Your Browns are currently 2-3, with a game vs the divisional rival Bengals coming up. Let's hope and see if our beloved owner is making the right moves to move this team into the right direction! Stay up Browns Nation! We Bark Together!!
2015-uniform-reveal-post-header.jpg

"Time To Take Flight"