Member Spotlight (BigTexas18)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
This is a new feature that we are going to do periodically to highlight some of the more active and popular members in the community. The inaugural edition will feature the beloved BigTexas18 who has been a member since about day one here at PX1.

I asked Chris a few questions about his time here at PX1, what it has been like and some of his favorite moments. Take a minute to read his responses and get a glimpse into how this diehard Cowboys fan has fallen in love with the Cleveland Browns because of Madden.

Be sure to follow Tex on Twitter @FrickMcBullard and @PX1Johnny

BigTexas18 Collage.png

Thanks for taking a moment to share you experience at PX1 with everyone. Let's start at the beginning. You've been a member here since the early days of the forum. Can you tell us a little about how you found us and why you chose PX1?

When I bought NCAA football 14, I wanted to try and find a platform for online playing. I was tired of playing solo and just wanted to branch out. I searched leagues and found another site where I was placed in a league with majesty95, woodsmall12, Glen Cieske and Paytonno1son. I loved these guys and was having a blast. Some things happened and we ended leaving there. I wanted to stay with this group, so that's when I joined PX1Sports back in 2013.

Most people don't start out as sim players, it kind of finds them. What were you like before joining a sim community and how has it changed the way you play since?

When I played, I didn't really take into account AI flaws, I just played with what I knew would work. Set plays, almost robotic. If I knew a corner route was going to work I was going to throw it. Over and over again. I never took into account stats either. I once had a RB for UNLV accumulate 28 touchdowns rushing and like 7-10 receiving. He ended up winning the Heisman. How's that for sim play ;). Playing at PX1 not only showed me true sim style football in a video game, it has taught me more about how the game of football works. From routes to defensive schemes, to different styles of passing/running. Stuff I never knew before I joined.

You've been a member of a number of leagues here on the forum. Which were some of your favorites? What did you like most about them?

Extreme Makeover for NCAA 14 was my favorite league ever. It was the first league I ever joined and I liked the premise of it. We had to start as a 1-2 star school and work our way up. I created the infamous Bubba Gump and started as UNLV. After about 4 seasons I moved on to ASU, then about 4 seasons after that moved on to SMU. It was fun, and the guys in the league were doing a lot of forum participation. That league went 10 seasons!!!

Necessary Roughness for Madden 15 was a great league also. It was my first next gen game and league to play on for the PS4. In this league I met another good group of guys. I established a bond with the Cleveland Browns and a rivalry with Konvict27 and his stupid Ravens. This was the league also where I met pack1797. It has neither been confirmed or denied that he is my biological father. It's just a great league with a great group of guys who love football. I have a good feeling that the Madden 16 league is gonna be kick ass as well!

You are also one of the most active content producers in leagues here in the community. What is content about to you? What about it do you enjoy so much?

When I can muster the time away from work and family, I love browsing the forum. I like to make stories about my storied Browns! Other topics I like to talk about on the forum are my beloved Cowboys. Then I like to check out what other people are talking about and put my 2 cents in on the topic. I like posting on the forum and creating stories because it gives me satisfaction when people enjoy what I write. When I get likes and comments to my posts I love it because I feel that I entertained someone for a short period of time!

I also believe posting storylines about your team adds to the drama to the game and it really makes the team you have yours. Before PX1 I never would have thought I would be a Browns fan. Now I love them. #BrownsNation

There's much more posting to come! Stay tuned!

What is your favorite part of being a member at PX1? What do you feel new members can do to get the most out of their time here?

My favorite part of PX1 is the community. While the other stuff is great, the forum, leagues, etc. The community is my favorite part. I've gained friends in this experience and that's what it's all about. Even in sports offseason we still chat about everything from football to baseball to UFC to movies to music to jungle cats and Waffle House. Everything.

To all the new members, you won't find a better group of guys. Playing in the leagues with this group is a blast. It definitely is my escape from reality. The forum board is a lot of fun in itself also. There are forums for anything and everything you want to talk about. I welcome all you new members and if you have any questions shoot me a PM anytime!

I'll end this by saying this:

Thank you PX1, this most definitely is the best gaming community I've ever been a part of! I'm glad to call this place home

Thanks Chris! We're glad that you enjoy PX1 and we are very fortunate to have you as part of our team! Keep doing what you do. We all enjoy it a great deal!

Last edited: