Maty Football

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I came across an interesting read the other day. Maty Mauk, SO QB for Mizzou, now that Franklin is doing who knows what up in Detroit, has came out and compared himself to Johnny, the all-mighty, Football!

In his freshman season, Maty saw action in 9 of Mizzou's 13 games, racking up 1,071 51.1% completion percentage, and 11 TD's with 2 INT. He's no slouch on the ground either, he shows great footwork and racked up 229 rushing yards on 41 carries. He only started 4 games, and won against Florida, Tennesee, and Kentucky, while losing to South Carolina, who as we know finished 11-2 and won the 2014 Capital One Bowl. I'd take that out of a freshman any day of the week. Maty says he studies Johnny all the time, trying to perfect him and become him.

Kevin Sumlin, made a statement at the SEC media day. He said "There's not going to be another Johnny Manziel". In my mind, I haven't seen a QB this good and this impactful since Vince Young carried his longhorn team to win the championship in 2005 (I'm speaking of Manziel of course). Mizzou starts with a #25 ranking in the preseason of this 2014 year, with the sophomore ready to start, and make an impact.

My question for you is, Do you follow the hype of this kid? Can he be another Johnny, or is Manziel status untouchable? Do you think there will EVER be another QB like Manziel in the college ranks? Mauk thinks he's the guy, and I for one will be paying attention, to see if he can live up to the hype he created for himself. Below are 2 videos of highlights of Mauk's freshman year.