Madden League FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Where can I see what teams are available?

A list of available teams can be found in the second post of the League Description/Sign Ups

What is a "sim" league?

"Sim" stands for simulation. That means everything we do in the league tries to "sim"ulate real life football. That includes (nut is not limited to) making realistic transactions, using realistic depth charts, and playing smart/realistic football. Not everything can be mimicked perfectly but we try to do so as much as possible. Most of the rules are in the League Guidelines. The most important thing to remember is that mixing up your play calls and not exploiting programming flaws or glitches while playing are the fundamental principles of sim football. Lobby ball and win at all costs mindsets are not what we are looking for. There is nothing wrong with those styles for those that prefer them. We just choose not to play that way.

Where do I schedule my games?

There will be a weekly scheduling thread posting in the Scheduling sub forum each week. You can use that to communicate with your opponent and set up a time to play. We will also have a seperate thread for posting your actual scheduled game time so that it is easy for league members to find if they want to watch you play.

Can I sign any free agent that I want?

No. Please follow the guidelines posted in the Transactions sub forum for that week of the season.

Is there a process for making trades?

Yes. All trades must follow the guidelines laid out in the Transaction Guidelines and be approved by the Trade Committee (draft pick trades during the draft do not need to be approved).

What are cap penalties?

A detailed description of cap penalties can be found in the Transaction Guidelines.

I released salary but cannot sign players, why?

During the preseason, a team's salary cap is not adjusted. The actual cap doesn't go into effect until Week 1 of the regular season. Therefore, if you are over the salary cap going into the preseason (or during the preseason), you will not be able to make any transactions (make trades or sign free agents) until you get back under the salary cap. That will not update until Week 1 of the regular season.

Can I play an OLB at DE, CB at S, etc?

All position eligibility can be found in the League Guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.