Madden 16 Playbooks

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I have created a spreadsheet of formations in each of the team playbooks in Madden 16. Currently all team playbooks are included. I will update this with generic playbooks, legend playbooks (if they still have them) and defensive playbooks (possibly as early as 8/21/15). Be sure to follow this thread for updates. This first post will be updated with stats from the Madden 16 Playbooks spreadsheet as we add data..

Most Offensive Formations: 32 (Washington Redskins)
Fewest Offensive Formations: 23 (Denver Broncos and Detroit Lions)
Most Under Center Formations: 21 (Baltimore Ravens) - 72%
Most Shotgun/Pistol Formations: 24 (Philadelphia Eagles) - 80%

Teams With 30 or More Offensive Formations: 6 (Arizona, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Seattle, Tennessee, Washington)
Teams With 25 or Fewer Formations: 8 (Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Green Bay, Houston, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Tampa Bay
Teams With 55% or More Under Center Formations: 4 (Arizona, Baltimore, Indianapolis, St. Louis)
Teams with 60% or More Shotgun/Pistol Formations: 6 (Carolina, Denver, Miami, Oakland, Philadelphia, Seattle)
Teams With 70% or More Shotgun/Pistol Formations: 3 (Miami, Oakland, Philadelphia)

Most Singleback Formations: 11 (Arizona Cardinals)
Most I-Form/Strong/Weak Formations: 12 (St. Louis Rams)
Most Gun Formations: 23 (Philadelphia Eagles)

Avg. Singleback Formations Per Team: 6.75
Avg. I-Form/Strong/Weak Formations Per Team: 5.72
Avg. Gun/Pistol Formations Per Team: 14.75

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'll add the generic playbooks, legends (if they still have them) and defensive playbooks at some point (possibly today).

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Updated the first post with some stats from the offensive playbooks. Surprised that Miami and Oakland both have about 75% shotgun/pistol formations. Anything else surprise you guys?

mycaddy

Starter
I havent played enough games and only been going through Lions book but several plays are gone and others one that are there in some cases have moved (different pages same formation) But I will have to come back to answer once I play more games and use more playbooks

dwood13

Prospect
Not really that surprised with the Oakland and Miami . Oakland been running the gun a lot with Carr and same with tanny down in south beach . Both teams are poor running the ball , but every now and again Miami would surprise you

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Didnt realize Lions have the least formations. Guess I need to change my playbook

Is three or four more formations really that big of an improvement? Lol. The more formations you have the more you're going to be expected to use the vast majority of them. ;) A lot of guys have a hard time running more than 10-12 formations a game the way it is.

mycaddy

Starter
Is three or four more formations really that big of an improvement? Lol. The more formations you have the more you're going to be expected to use the vast majority of them. ;) A lot of guys have a hard time running more than 10-12 formations a game the way it is.

I use mor ethan 12 formations but I don't use all 23... BUt always try new plays and formations... More so when I am winning big just to experiement in a game situation...