LeBron is Going Home and its Fabulous

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
When LeBron left Cleveland for Miami I hated everything about it. I hated The Decision and the way he went about it. I hated the party where he guaranteed not 6, not 7, not 8 rings. I hated that the people in Cleveland thought he abandoned them. It was just bad all around and I hated LeBron for it.

I've come back around though.

LeBron.png
Photo courtesy of the Associated Press

Year 2 in Miami, LeBron decided he didn't want to be the bad guy (a role I think his buddy Dwyane Wade surely encouraged). LeBron started to change his image. He went back to being more humble and saying the right things. He became likable again.

Now, he's going home to Cleveland and it's perfect.

Personally, I don't have a vested interest in the Cavs. However, I do see the things that the rust-belt cities like Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo and Pittsburgh are going through. I think it's great that an athlete of LeBron's caliber can help his hometown by playing for the hometown team. His reach is going to go so much further than just the team. The residents of the area will have something to root and cheer for. LeBron will be big with youth groups and charities and help to inspire people to do more. That's a great thing for the city.

LeBron made a huge mistake by handling his exit from Cleveland the way he did. I do, however, think it was good for him. As he said in his SI piece, going to Miami was like going away to college. It helped him grow and mature and now he can come home a better man and have an even bigger impact on his community.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I think it was all predetermined, and everybody on the Cavaliers knew it. I think everybody knew 4 years ago, Lebron would be back, they would get a few picks, and they would be in a better position to sign a few more big players and start rolling the NBA. Now Kevin Love is about to team up with them, and we're gonna see the Cavs win a few rings. Good planning and execution by Cleveland.:cool:

DarkParadox21

The peoples champ.
Kinda sucks he's creating another super team on the cav's when the east got a little more interesting. 2006 playoffs allover again going to wizards games just to see cavs destroy them sigh.