League Description | Signups

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
cfa_logo2_by_astonedcow-d7wczsi.png

An EA SPORTS UFC 2 League

ufc2undisputed_bilder_177299.jpg

Welcome to the Caged Fighting Alliance featuring EA SPORTS UFC 2. The CFA is a LIVE event online EA SPORTS UFC 2 league for the PlayStation 4. All of our events will be broadcast LIVE via the "share" feature on the PS4. Our goal is to have one fight card per week on Sunday nights at 8 PM CST. The CFA will feature sim gameplay and we will update our rankings and champions weekly.

Fighter Selection

TBD

Changing Fighters

Should a fighter win the belt in his weight class and then defend that belt four (4) consecutive times he will be retired. If a fighter loses three consecutive fights (or four-out-of-five) he will be released into the free agent pool. The user who was controlling the released fighter will then be able to choose an available free agent fighter. The new fighter must either be from the same weight class his released fighter was from or part of a new division which he does not currently have fighters.

Events

All events in this league occur in real time (Jack Bauer reference ;)). We will strive to put on one fight card per week (although this may fluctuate depending on availability). Users do not have to fight on every card but should try to fight on the majority of them (again, depending on availability).

All fights must be broadcast using the "share" function on your PS4. The required method of broadcasting is via Twitch TV. All fight cards will be broadcast live on the PX1 Sports Twitch channel.

Non-title fights and fights that are not main events should be three (3) rounds. Title fights and main event fights should be five (5) rounds.

All fights will go in a pre-determined order set by the league office when creating the fight cards. Any fight that is not broadcast or is not fought in the proper order will not be counted (fights may go out of order should an unforeseen event occur in which case the league commissioner will indicate during the event which fights should go out of order).

Setting Up Twitch

To create a Twitch account, go http://www.twitch.tv/ and click sign up. Once you've registered your account (I believe you have to confirm it through e-mail) you can then enter your log in info into your PS4.

Before you proceed to the next step, though, you must go into your Twitch settings (the wrench icon) and then go to Channel & Videos. Select the box next to automatically archive my broadcasts and then click save changes. This will allow us to pull stats from your fights and use the video for YouTube highlights.

When you are ready to enter your Twitch login info into your PS4, click the share button on your controller and then press the options button. Go down to link with other services and select Twitch (you can also link with Facebook, Twitter and Ustream here as well). Now, just enter your Twitch log in info and you are ready to go.

Please post your Twitch info in this thread and tag @majest95 with your channel ID so that you can be added to the official streams.

Streaming

Should you be tasked with "broadcasting" your fight for a specified fight card, the process is simple to set up (provided you followed the steps above). To do this, all you need to do is hit the share button on your PS4 remote and then select broadcast gameplay. Select Twitch and then enter the relevant details (event name ie CFA 1 is required to be in your description) and then select Start Broadcasting. That's it. You'll see an "On Air" icon pop up in the top right of the screen.

By default, the chat box from your Twitch channel is displayed on your screen. To remove the chat box from your screen (it will still be active for viewers on your channel) just click share, click options, go to broadcast settings, then advanced settings and then un-check Display Comments on Screen. That's it! Really simple.

At the end of a fight that you are streaming, please click "fight statistics" so we can view the stats from your fights and have an archived account of what happened in that fight.

Communication

All members will be expected to check in on the forum at least once every 24 hours to stay up-to-date on league happenings. Also, it would be a good idea to set your account up to receive e-mail notifications when someone sends you a private message. To do this, click on your name in the top right navigation bar, click contact details and then check the box next to Receive e-mail when a new conversation in received.

It is also important to use the "tag" feature to communicate with or alert members in the forum. To tag someone, just put an @ symbol in front of their name. NOTE: copying a tagged link and pasting it will not alert that user. You need to manually tag them for it to take effect.

Official Rankings

After each event, we will update the official rankings based on the results of that event. We will try to pit fighters against similarly ranked opponents (ex. #3 vs #4) but this may not always be possible due to availability. Generally, we will give title shots to the #1 contenders. However, there are instances where a #1 contender may be skipped (vacation, work, etc.)

Gameplay

So far I think EA did a really good job with the gameplay. However, no game is perfect and there are always flaws in the AI. We expect all members to fight realistic styles and not to resort to any known flaw or glitch to win. Spamming (repeatedly doing the same move over and over) is not considered realistic and should be avoided. Your fighters should mimic their real life counterparts for the most part (ie Conor McGregor shouldn't be trying to take people down over and over.) Also, keep in mind that we want entertaining fights. Spamming takedowns should not be your only strategy to win. Be diverse and mix things up to keep your opponent guessing.

---------

If you would like to join the CFA, please respond to this thread. Also, you will need to "read and agree" to the League Guidelines.

Thanks!

Welcome to the CFA!

Last edited:

woodsmall12

All-Star
Sounds awesome ... punks step up to get beat down!

Created fighter scenario sounds interesting ... just worried guys losing and becoming dis-interested

Also may need to think abt a "no-show" scenario ... who wins? reschedule? etc

Nympholepsy42

Contributor
Sounds like a cool idea. Im just a lowly PS3 player right now but I'd definitely keep tabs on how things develop in the league when it gets started. Just nobody pick that Sonnen idiot!

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
woodsmall12 and I were talking and I think hosting our fight cards in the same night would be amazing!

For instance, we agree that every week on Wednesday from 8-10 will be our cards. We would schedule fights every 10 minutes and as soon as the previously scheduled bout is done, the next one can begin. I would create a thread for that week's card and embed the feed from one of the users from each fight. The thread would function as the "broadcast" of our event. We could tweet it out and post in on Facebook so others could join in and watch our event live too! Not only would it allow us to develop a following, but likely encourage more users to join as well.

We could also do a party chat on PSN where we are all on discussing the fights as they happen. Users could hop out to broadcast their fights and then jump back in when its over.

Lots of ways we can go with this!

punisher92683

Contributor
I'll be in but I'll be on vacation until July 10 punisher92683 is my psn name. Also how do you decide who gets to pick what fighter to use? And how do you tell someone's not maxing out there stats for a super fighter? Lol also can i fight in more then 1 division?

whats up every one. im new to the whole league concept but i am very interested. i want to test my skills. let me know when and where and what i have to do to be include in the fighter selection.
My PSN is same as usesr name.
jaime509deleon

what do you consider a spammer? for example i love to ground and pound so i try for the take down alot. would that be considered spamming?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'll be in but I'll be on vacation until July 10 punisher92683 is my psn name. Also how do you decide who gets to pick what fighter to use? And how do you tell someone's not maxing out there stats for a super fighter? Lol also can i fight in more then 1 division?

Welcome! We will work something out to accommodate you being on vacay. Maybe just not schedule your guys for fights. Don't worry, we won't let other users beat up on the CPU versions of your fighters haha.

As far as picking fighters, we will hold a draft. We will need to decide which weight classes to use and then users can draft one fighter from each of the weight classes that we decide on. We will probably combine weight classes so lightweight/welterweight fighters would be one class, middleweight/light heavyweight would be one, etc. Heavyweight will be its own weight class.

As for created fighters, when you go to fight it shows your created fighter and his overall ranking. Not only your opponent, but also those watching, can hold everyone accountable to make sure their fighter is rated where he should be.

whats up every one. im new to the whole league concept but i am very interested. i want to test my skills. let me know when and where and what i have to do to be include in the fighter selection.
My PSN is same as usesr name.
jaime509deleon

Thanks for joining! I'll post in this thread when we get ready to draft and other league related info. If you have preferences on weight classes, feel free to post those now. I'll also sent out a PM to everyone that is in the league with this info too. Make sure you click on your user name at the top of the screen, under settings, go to "contact details" and make sure the box next to "receive email when a new conversation message is received" is checked. This will make sure you are notified by e-mail when I send out those messages. Also, its a good idea to check the forum at least every 24 hours just to make sure you don't miss anything.

Again, welcome guys! Looking forward to beating you guys up :p

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Oh one more ? Anything to prevent spammers? I'm pretty good at avoiding it now but it's still annoying.
what do you consider a spammer? for example i love to ground and pound so i try for the take down alot. would that be considered spamming?

No, spamming will not be allowed. We want to have a fun league that people enjoy, not one where you have to resort to AI flaws to win.

Spamming is considered doing one thing over and over. For instance, I've fought a few guys online that have attempted 25+ takedowns in one fight! That's a little excessive. You should be able to either keep your opponent on the ground or compete with him standing. Just spamming takedowns over and over again to win a decision will get the UFC boss riled up and could send you packing with Jon Fitch and Jake Shields ;)

Likewise, repeatedly throwing leg kicks or body kicks over and over should also be avoided. Carlos Condit landed 68 leg kicks against Nick Diaz. However, he also used a lot of movement and other striking combos. He also didn't have an accelerated clock like the game uses. So, we shouldn't be nearing any records in here.

Again, you can have a style (wrestler, ground and pound, jiu jitsu artist, standup, etc) but you should be diverse enough to not just rely on one style and one style only.

Darkskoot

Contributor
Im down for joining but i was wondering if there was any chance of there being a league for people that are not Very experienced or lower and higher skill level leagues.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Im down for joining but i was wondering if there was any chance of there being a league for people that are not Very experienced or lower and higher skill level leagues.

Welcome! Thanks for joining!

Not everyone in here is going to be of high skill level. Most of us are willing to help other guys get better too. We can spar online out of the league and share tips and tactics. Personally, I feel if everyone is on a similar level skill wise, then it all comes down to execution. So, the better we all are, the better our events and the league will be as a whole!

Also, what's your PSN ID so I can add you?

Guiser98

Contributor
I'll be honest, not much into the UFC but this league looks quite fun. I'll be following along as well.