Hundley moves to Cleveland

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Welcome Brett Hundley
12473640_10153903222959181_4950537903251922439_o.jpg

Brett Hundley has been traded to Cleveland! There are obvious QB problems here in Cleveland, and Owner Chris Bigtex is living up to what he said in preseason, which is quoted in the season preview. The Browns are at 2-3 after 5 weeks. With the division still up for grabs Bigtex decided to make a move before things self destruct. Nothing has indicated if Hundley will start next week vs his former team, the Packers, but he was taking first team reps this week in practice. He shows blazing speed and a huge arm. His accuracy needs to be toned a little but that can be taught. Once he gets his control down, Hundley could be a force to be reckoned with!

12469475_10153903223274181_6771008218760173453_o.jpg

This is Johnny's 4th season at the helm, and he has yet to produce a playoff appearance. This year's team motto was deemed, "Playoffs or Bust" and at 2-3, that isn't the way to start. Hundley looked good at practice, and coach Pettine said, "There is definitely something to build off of here. For all storyline purposes we expect Hundley to actually start over Johnny vs the Packers. If Hundley were to actually start and win we could see the headlines now.

Hundley beats Packers in Lambeau in first start.
Hundley defeats team that never gave him a chance
Hundley; Savior in Cleveland??
Johnny threw 3 interceptions last week vs the Vikings, which definitely is what prompted this move. Glennon was signed to the league minimum in offseason free agency. Basically because nobody else wanted him. It was clear he was here to backup Johnny and that's it. After Johnny was pulled at halftime, Glennon didn't do any better as he threw 2 interceptions, including one to end the game. Bigtex got on the phone with Eric, the Packers GM and struck a deal to send Hundley to Cleveland. Glennon was immediately released, and as for Johnny.... He still hasn't been offered that contract...

12489379_10153903237079181_4748740826058269998_o.jpg

Here are a few excerpts from the Hundley press conference:

I'm just glad to be here, I had to leave my friends in Green Bay, but I'm happy to be reunited with Ha Ha
If I don't play right away that's fine. Johnny is a fine quarterback which can teach me quite a bit of quality stuff to grow on
If I get my chance, I will do my absolute best to make an impact in this team. This is a playoff team and I hope I can help get us there! #BrownsNation

As for Johnny.. Well, he better turn his game up....

Lastly we leave you with a montage of highlights from Hundley while he was at UCLA, just so you can get an idea of what this 24 year old, 6'3, 226 pound kid can do!

Playoffs or Bust