First Trailer for MLB 16 The Show

danwin

Starter
The first trailer for MLB 16 The Show debuted this past weekend and I put together a breakdown of the trailer. Also, you get a look at some new Diamond Dynasty cards and a few much needed changes to Road to the Show.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm really worried about this new Showtime feature. I don't want to slow down the game. That's what makes baseball beautiful. It's a series of quick, fluid moments tied together.

Adding in these mini-games just to add something new worries me. I posted on Twitter recently how there isn't much more MLB The Show can do other than expand Franchise, Road to the Show and Diamond Dynasty.

Baseball isn't a super complex game. I hope they don't over-complicate it just bc they think they have to add something. Fix online franchise and explains it. Add some features to RTTS and give us more cards and modes in DD and were good. The gameplay just didn't need much outside of the fly ball issues and some minor bugs.

danwin

Starter
Your absolutely right. Showtime feature really doesn't interest me. The ability to skip having to return to the main menu in RTTS is the best improvement they could ever implement. Also, as I mentioned in the video, I hope they leave the legends in diamond dynasty from last year and are just adding to them. Instead of removing the one's in 15 and debuting new ones.

Glen Cieske

All-Star
Something doesn't sit right with me when it comes to player models. I can't explain it but they seem off. It's kinda why I stopped playing last year's game. I might not even pick this one up unless they make some dramatic changes to franchise.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
They have to improve online franchise. It's cool and all that they want to allow open franchises where games can get played at any time. But when it messes up the rotations and every CPU team is only starting their #1 guy every game, it kind of ruins it. They've gotta figure out a better way to handle that

danwin

Starter
Newly confirmed facts about MLB 16 The Show:

1. Roofs do open and close (optional in exhibition and online, game selects in franchise and RTTS)
2. Showtime is optional and only available in RTTS and player lock.
3. 100 new batter animations, 50 new double play animations, and 100 new dive animations.
4. Runner's stride and style vary more from player to player.
5. New pitcher animations for avoiding balls back to the mound.
6. Classic Stadiums are CONFIRMED:
Forbes Field
Shibe Park
Sportsman Park
Polo Grounds
Crosley Field
Griffith Park
*All classic stadiums will be FREE.
7. Legends in MLB 15 The Show will be available in MLB 16 The Show plus another 30 new Legends.
8. New Diamond Dynasty cards are Rookie and Prime cards. Prime cards are cards for players when in their prime.
Could possibly bring total number of Legends and special cards to 120!
9. There is a new mode to play in MLB 16 The Show which will be revealed later.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Great stuff danwin! I love that they are adding the classic parks back in. Although I hope there is an option to prohibit them in franchise.

I'm also glad to see 30 new legends plus last year's plus prime cards which should really open up Diamond Dynasty! I know me, woodsmall12 and BigTexas18 were big into collecting the cards in DD last year so that should be fun. Hope they improve the game modes in DD though. It was fun to build the teams and collect the cards but didn't really care for the online play experience and they USER vs CPU was kinda boring after a few games. I would like to see challenges and collections and stuff more like MUT. Interested to see what else they have added in the near future!