Cowboys Texans Trade

Austin88

Prospect
Austin88 - ($22.3m Cap space, 290K Cap Pen}
1. Player: Whitney Mercilus, 25 yrs, 84 Ovr, 5 years Remaining, 27.4M total contract, 5M Cap Hit
2. Draft Pick: (2016, 2nd Round, 39 pick)
3. Draft Pick: (2016, 3rd Round, 71 pick)

Walrussmuglr -

Last edited:

Walrussmuglr

Starter
Houston Texans - Austin88
WHitney Mercilus, ROLB 84OVR, 5 YEars remaining, 22.2mil remaining salary, Cap Pen 3.95mil cap pen
2nd round pick
3rd round pick

Dallas Cowboys - Walrussmuglr Cap Space: 24.5 Mil Cap Pen 9.88 Mil
Tony Romo, QB 35, 89OVR, 5Yrs remaining, 81.3Mil remaining salary, 9.88 Mil cap pen

Dallas Rational:
I have Kellen Moore who i'd like to try and groom in to my own QB. Romo is a big salary hog, and i need that space to sure up my defense. I take a big hit next year with his penalty, but the following year i would be able to make big moves. This gives Moore the experiance points he needs for me to really start upgrading him, and it gives me significant upgrade at OLB.

mycaddy

Starter
That is a huge cap hit. I will say I disagree with other that veto only because you recognize the cap hit and know it will be detrimental in the short term but think it will help your team in the long term... The reason for a trade committee is to protect the members from themselves and since you already understand and willing to take that hit then I don't see the problem. It is long term strategy. I do not agree with it and would not take that on myself but I will not vote against it... As I feel you should have some creative freedom to run your team as you see fit. The fact you have a long term vision for your team I see that as an overall benefit...

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
That is a huge cap hit. I will say I disagree with other that veto only because you recognize the cap hit and know it will be detrimental in the short term but think it will help your team in the long term... The reason for a trade committee is to protect the members from themselves and since you already understand and willing to take that hit then I don't see the problem. It is long term strategy. I do not agree with it and would not take that on myself but I will not vote against it... As I feel you should have some creative freedom to run your team as you see fit. The fact you have a long term vision for your team I see that as an overall benefit...

It is veto'd bc it violates the cap penalty rules ;)