Cowboys - Colts #2

Walrussmuglr

Starter
I have depth and Oline and need a replacement for an aging witten. I also run cards PB which has a lot of 2-3 TE sets. IND O-line is horrid,so this gives them a rock solid C to build around

visionz813

Starter
My biggest issue is with the fact that fleener is on a 1 year deal. You may not be able to afford him. Plus you have Escobar.

mycaddy

Starter
I think having 2 quality TEs is a dangerous weapon allowing you to to pass out of running sets versus run defenses but I am not sure if it is worth the cost. you are going to need about $5 a year to lock up Fleener at the end of the season. Escobar has another year and you will be looking at about $3mill to keep him. Is it worth $8mill in cap space to do that... I personally do not think so... That being said I also do not think it is enough for me to say no to the trade. Overall it is a trade that addresses needs of both teams. and players are somewhat equal. If you are willing to take that much cap space at the TE position then go ahead. I say yes

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
No tag for me huh? :(

While I do appreciate the foresight in asking us to come up with a proper value for the extra pick, I would not like guys to get in the habit of doing that. With that being said, since you guys agreed to let us choose, you are bound to that regardless of what the outcome is.

My opinion is this: there is no guarantee that you can re-sign Fleener and TEs in this game are much easier to find than Pro Bowl centers. You can make a 75 OVR TE good depending on what attributes he has that you can maximize. Whereas a C is really what his rating says he is. A 75 OVR C is going to be a mediocre player regardless of your scheme and play calling.

Frederick was a 1st round pick be of his potential and liking at him now he probably would be a Top 15 pick. Most centers are 2nd-4th rounders, especially in this game. Therefore, I will vote yes for this trade with the conditional pick being a 2nd rounder as I find a 91 OVR C with a 2 year contract significantly more valuable than a TE in his final year, regardless of overall.

I woundn't give up fleener with a 2nd round. thats a little ridiculous. I you can find a similar center with a mid first to early second round pick with out gaining a TE in the process

. With that being said, since you guys agreed to let us choose, you are bound to that regardless of what the outcome is.

Therefore, I will vote yes for this trade with the conditional pick being a 2nd rounder as I find a 91 OVR C with a 2 year contract significantly more valuable than a TE in his final year, regardless of overall.

I agree with the second round pick plus the tight end for the center

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I woundn't give up fleener with a 2nd round. thats a little ridiculous. I you can find a similar center with a mid first to early second round pick with out gaining a TE in the process

Unfortunately you agreed to let the committee decide what pick it was and it seems unanimous its a 2nd round pick.