1 Year Left $2.8M $600k Penalty

Dallas Cowboys (rkjones217)
$14.7M Cap $300k Penalty
Give
WR Cole Beasley 26 Years Old 75 Overall
4 Years Left $13.6M $4M Penalty

2016 1st Round Pick (Projected 16)

pack1797 woodsmall12 Paytonno1son NightHawkTH32 majesty95

*Owner is aware that Gordon sits S1. He wants the rights to resign him starting S2*

pack1797

Staff member
As much as I hate to, I gotta say no. Cowboys are only getting first Dibbs on signing Gordon. No guarantee, therefore no value. If he could play this year, it would be different, obviously. I say no.

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
Approved. Although I agree with Packs point of no guarantee, the owner is accepting the inherent risk. As long as the Cowboys accept the risk, I'm ok. To me it's the same as signing Greg Hardy, etc.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure we can allow this. I don't think suspended players are allowed to be traded in the NFL

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Ok, I looked it up and it appears that Vincent Jackson was traded while he was suspended. The Vikings wrre also considering trading Adrian Peterson while he was suspended. So it is ok from that perspective.

You guys can process it.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Weird situation. Wanted to make sure we are following NFL protocol since we are not allowing free agents and draft picks to be traded year one.

rkjones217

Starter
I'm not trying to make waves this early.. Lol but I have plans for that slot position and tex wanted Beasley so it was a no brainer for me

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Actually, the more I think about this, we have no idea how a player in th game is going to react to being sat an entire year. Will his ratings take a huge dive? Will his confidence be shot? We he refuse to sign?

Let's hold off until we can look at this more. I'm doing SFL but I want to make sure we're not crippling rk and setting a bad precedent for trades that we approve.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I also had another suitor for Gordon at the same time. And this team even had another pick involved. 1st and 5th.

Cowboys just won because Beasley was more of the reciever I was looking for

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Pack and I have talked and enforcing suspensions is going to be too big of an issue. We have no idea how the game is going to handle benching guys and we can't police the CPU which isn't fair to owners having to sit guys. So the trade can go through but Gordon will be available to play this year (as will all suspended players. We'll announce that part officially after the Vikes game.)