Connection Test Results

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Each member of the league is required to follow these steps and post their connection results. Failure to do so will prevent you from participating in the league.

Go to speedtest.net and click "Begin Test" (DO NOT click 'Start Now' as that is just an ad and will take you away from the connection test site). Once you click "Begin Test" you will be shown your Ping, Download and Upload speeds (please be patient as this may take a minute or so). Once the test has completed and shows you your results, click "Share Result", click "Image" and click "Copy." Then come back to the forum and click the picture icon (next to the smiley face) on the tool bar (top of the comment section). "Right click" on Image URL and click paste. Then click "insert." Your results should look like this:

3777394763.png

This test is best performed via your PC, laptop or Mac.

To post your results via your smartphone follow these steps:

Go to the App Store or Play Store on your smartphone. Download the Speedtest.net app. Open the app and click "Begin Test." Again, be patient as the test could take a minute or so. Once the test is complete and the results are shown take a screen shot of the results. Come back to the forum and click "More Options" under the comment section. Then click "Upload a File." Click "Choose File" and navigate to your screenshot (HINT: it's under "Documents" on the Galaxy series). Once you choose the file it will automatically upload to the forum and show under Attached Files. Click "Full Image" and then "Save Changes." As you can see below, it will post a giant size picture of your results. If you know how to and want to resize it to better fit the forum, that would be great. If you do not know how to do this, no worries. Just leave it posted and I will come back and resize it for you later.

Screenshot_2014-09-21-17-36-17.png

Re-sized (500 px height)

Screenshot_2014-09-21-17-36-17.png

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
NOTE: As you can see from my test results, there is a big difference between a hard-wired connection (my first results) and a Wifi connection (the results from my phone). While we understand that not everyone can hard wire their PS4 to their modem, it is highly recommended as it will give you the best possibly connection when playing (and streaming) your games. Also, watching the Twitch broadcast, streaming Netflix or another video or music service or downloading any kind of content can put a serious drag on your connection. Please refrain from any of these activities while playing/streaming to ensure the best possible game environment and stream quality.