College Football Discussion Thread

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I know we have a lot of college football guys here on the site so figured why not go ahead and create a thread as the season is only a month or so away and I am counting down the days.

Vegas has released the over/under win total which you can find here http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/story.cfm/story/1772827

They are some good games week 1 like

-3 UGA vs UNC
- 7 Clemson vs Auburn
-10 Oklahoma vs Houston
+10 USC vs Alabama
+6 Ole Miss vs FSU
+2 UCLA vs Texas A&M
-4 Notre Dame vs Texas
-10 LSU vs Wisconsin

majesty95 pack1797 Tigers20 woodsmall12 Burns JerseyBorn NightHawkTH32

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm interested to see the Tar Heels this year. I don't think we can win 11 in a row again lol. Hopefully 9 wins and a shot at another ACC title.

Def exited to get the college football season here for sure!

Burns

Hall of Famer
College football can't get here soon enough.

Hoping Boise State puts together an undefeated run this year. We'll see.

woodsmall12

All-Star
I wish both Texas and ND could lose that game lol

Expect LSU to throttle Wiscy ... A fair amount of talking heads picking Wiscy to have a strong year but I just don't see it ... Recruiting has not been as good for them since Bielema left

Oklahoma should handle Houston just a based off talent alone

Bama should also take care of business vs USC ... Trojans just aren't back to their glory days yet and Bama has nothing but studs

And I actually think Tar Heels take down the Bulldogs ... don't expect Kirby to come out winning this one

OldWhiskey

Contributor
Bama should also take care of business vs USC ... Trojans just aren't back to their glory days yet and Bama has nothing but studs

Two biggest questions for the Tide coming into the 2016 season is who's going to be: 1. Who's going to be the QB and 2. Who's going to replace Derrick Henry?

1. Unless one the four QBs has a stellar fall camp we probably won't find that out till the week before or maybe the week of the USC game. My money goes on Cooper Bateman. He's a junior and Saban usually starts his more experienced QB and that's not saying much in Bateman's case. David Cornwell is a sophomore and hasn't taken a snap. Blake Barnett is coming off his redshirt freshman year and Jalen Hurts is a true freshman so he will likely redshirt. With that said I would expect Barnett to be in competition with Bateman, but you never know till they step out on the field.

2. Alabama has been lucky since '07 having at least two RB's with experience ready to go. Not this year, no one really ready to step up and fill the void left by Henry. A lot of fans expect Bo Scarboro to be the starter. I wouldn't be surprised to see Damien Harris start and Scarboro come in as his relief. I think once Scarboro gets acclimated to the game he will take over as starter if he can stay healthy.

Personally, I feel like this could be a10-2/9-3 year for Bama. Defense will keep us in some games, but I have a feeling that the QB play and special teams may let us down in a couple games this year. However as long they beat Ole Miss, Tennessee and Auburn I'd be happy with 3-9 if that's the case haha!

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Bama has never won games because of its QB play so I don't see that one as a big deal. The QB play in the SEC is just really bad there is only like 2 in the conference that's proven and one of them is over rated (tenn). The HB's are a good point as great as they have been at the position the law of averages say it's about time for them to have a bad year at the position. The defense at Bama will not skip a beat with my old DC Pruitt taking Smarts position.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Hearing rumors some more punishment could be coming down toward Ole mi$$ and its coach Hugh Freeze. Hopefully they don't slap him on the wrist for clearly breaking all kinds of major rules over the past few years. I personally don't think he will have a job this time next year.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Georgiafan's $izzling 5 picks is back

It's back one again guys my weekly sizzling 5 picks and as always feel free to take this and help make your house payment. If your new + means you are suppose to lose and - means you are suppose to win.

Week 1
+8.5 Colorado St over Colorado
+7.5 Auburn over Clemson
+3 UCLA over Texas A&M (lock of the week)
-4.5 FSU over Ole MIss
-11.5 Alabama over USC

Tonight I like South Carolina +4.5 and to a lesser degree App state +21.5

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I went 3 for 5 last week lets see if I can keep it going

+3.5 Middle ten state over vandy (lock of the week )
-11 Tenn over VT
-7 North carilina over illnois
-13 georiga southern over south Alabama
+16.5 Ball state over Indiana

Upset special to watch - Iowa state over Iowa
Honorable mention game -6.5 duke over wake forest

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I am off to a great start so far this year

Week 1 = 3 of 5, 60 %
Week 2 = 4 of 5, 80 %

Season running Total = 7 of 10, 70%

Honorable mentions = 2 of 3, 67%

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Week 3

-1.5 FSU over Louisville (lock of the week)
This game scares me a bit as the Louisville QB has put up major stats so far this and this could be his official coming out party. I just don't trust the UL def and I get a top 5 team less then 3 points

+3 Oregon over Nebraska
Its rare Oregon is downs against a non elite team and they have been very quiet this year. I would feel great if I could buy this up to 3.5

-5 Oklahoma State over Pitt
Okl state comes out mad after the refs cost them the game last weel

-6.5 UGA over Missouri
I don't like betting on my team, but I am going to do it this week if I can get it under 7. UGA obviously played awful last week so I'm banking on that firing up the team after sleep walking last week looking forward to this game. Also Missouri doesn't have much offense.

-12 bama over ole mi$$
Making a change here last minute taking off ucla and going with bama

Last edited: