Close Scare!

kyswag23

Starter
upload_2016-10-12_19-59-38.png
Don't call it a comeback? Although the Chargers pretty much controlled the entire game there were some key situations that could have cost San Diego their playoffs to be cut short! The Chargers played the way we expected them to. Beating the Kansas City Chiefs 2x In the regular season, we didn't expect the outcome to be any different! There were 3 huge field goals and an extra point attempt that almost came back to haunt the Chargers! Weather did play a huge factor in the game as snow covered the field and winds reached up to 11mph! The Chiefs went up 21-20 with under a minute in the 4th with a connected throw from Alex Smith to De'Anthony Thomas. It looked as if it was over at that point! The Chargers came to far to let up now, as the leader of the team Phillip Rivers marched his offense down field to give one more shot to kicker, Josh Lambo to save the Chargers season! Lambo, seemed so poised and confident when approaching the kick. You can't call it a comeback although it may seem like it was. But, Lambo was able to drop it through the uprights and give the Chargers the Victory!

upload_2016-10-12_20-21-15.png
When asking Lambo what he was thinking in that key moment? His response was......

"I had to clear my mind, let everything that happened earlier go! My team needed me and I wasn't going to let them down!"

Kicker, Josh Lambo

As for now San Diego's run at a Superbowl is still very much alive!!!