Cleveland Browns Season 2 Week 5 Recap

5StarTA

Starter
Week 1 2015. The new ownership of the Cleveland Browns faced their first opponent in the New York Jets. It was a tough first test for this squad. It was Zach Mettenberger's first start for the Browns after being acquired the week before. The Browns fell in that one after a late pick six by former Brown Buster Skrine.

Week 5 2016. The Browns did not let last years loss to this team effect their season last year or their game-plan this year. The Cleveland Browns game out with something to prove to this team. The Browns got up early in this game and never looked back. "We were not ready for this very good team last year. We game planed all week for them and everything went exactly the way we wanted it too." Coach Mike Pettine said after the game.

147.png

*Cleveland Browns @ New York Jets*

152.png

Zach Mettenberger a year ago against this secondary looked atrocious. What a difference a year makes. Completing 12-15 passes for 205 yds with a pair of touchdowns Zach settled in early and was feeling confident all day. "There's one throw I wish I could have back but other than that I was very happy with my performance this week. Need to keep focused and prepare for Cincy."

153.png

Ray Rice was on pace for 100 yards early in this one but we believe and early fall cold was causing him to get short of breathe in the second half. Turbin and Duke Johnson got some playing time in this one. "I will battle this cold for the next week and we will see where we are at come next week. A cold is not an excuse to play bad but it did effect me today. I'm ready for Cincy."

150.png

Josh Gordon has been locked down so far this season. His stay on Revis Island was not a pleasant one. He did not catch a ball until the 4th quarter. He caught a screen on a 3rd and 17 and went 61 yards for the touchdown. By the way this was his only reception of the day.

151.png

Andrew Hawkins used his speed and impressive footwork to score early in this one. With teams doubling in on Gordon Hawkins has found some more looks this season. He's becoming a part of the gameplan more each week. Defenses better keep an eye on this one.

154.png

Tramon Williams hauled in his first 2 interceptions of the season in this one. The veteran has been locking down receivers this season.

149.png

K'waun Williams put a dagger right into the Jets in the 4th Quarter of this one. Jumping a ball and taking it into the endzone for a TD. Rumor has it that K'Waun and the Browns have agreed on a new contract.

THIS WEEKS GAME BALL GOES TO..... TRAMON WILLIAMS. 2 INT REALLY SET THE TONE AND HELPED THE OFFENSE PUT UP POINTS! CONGRATS TRAMON.

48.jpg

BATTLE OF OHIO, PT 2.

The Browns will host division rival Cincinnati this week. The Browns suffered a heart breaking loss to the Bengals week one. A win here puts the Browns back into the division race.

#GoBrowns #TheLand #BeatCincinnati #WeBarkTogether