Classic sports games from your childhood

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
With news of the classic NES coming out I thought this would make for a cool thread. I know some of the old timers like majesty95 Paytonno1son pack1797 Luis3250 OldWhiskey Tigers20 has to have games they played growing up.

Double Dribble - NES
I Played this game a ton growing up with my brother who is 2 years older then me. I bought it recently and its so horrible its fun. The way they would shoot a jump shot lol
doubledribblegameplay.png

Bases Loaded
Has there ever been a better back to back combo then Paste and Bay?
hqdefault.jpg

Pro Wrestling - NES
Starman was awesome the heck with giant panther
hqdefault.jpg

NFL QB Club - Sega/ SNES
I don't think I ever owned the game, but always rented it to play the QB challenge
maxresdefault.jpg

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I went back and played a full season with the eagles on tecmo superbowl a few months back it was really cool. I ended up losing to the Giants because LT is just unfair lol. I wanted to use QB Eagles aka Randall Cunningham. The bears on the original tecmo bowl are my go team as Singletary can stop just about everything on the field. They have the one pass play where Payton goes out for a pass in the flats and you can complete it against Ronnie Lott.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I just picked up a RetroN 5 and NHL 93 and 95, World Series 95 and NBA Live 95. I'm not sure if they'll be as great as when I was a teenager but we'll see!

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Once SNES was out and you could play multiple seasons with all 32 teams, it was all over for me.

Was that only on the Genesis/SNES version? I played my buddy in Tecmo Super Bowl the other day and it was great. I remember controlling every team and changing their lineups and stuff. I always thought the was TSB on NES though. Might have to pick up the 16-bit version for one of those systems.

StormsWarning

Contributor
Those listed were so of my favorites, never played the nfl qb club, i liked pat rileys basketball along with the bulls vs blazers and Lakers vs Celtics series, classic stuff for sure.

morsdraconis

Contributor
Tecmo Super Bowl and Tecmo Basketball were my jams back in the day. Ice Hockey and Nintendo World Cup/Super Spike V'Ball for those non-standard sports games as well. NES had some of the best. Not to mention Bo Jackson Baseball and Baseball Stars. Two amazing baseball games for the NES.

vintagelooks

Prospect
All the given games are played by me in my childhood. You have shared with us a wonderful collection of games through your blog. However, I like to play basket ball, bulls v/s blazers and Lakers v/s Celtics series still now.