Chargers Season Preview (2018)

kyswag23

Starter
upload_2016-12-23_10-17-41.png

The new season is just right around the corner for you NFL fans and especially for the city of San Diego! We know last season didn't end the way we had hoped. We will always be proud of our team, we also would like to see our team bring home that Lombardi Trophy! With Deshone Kizer getting his first full season in as the starting QB all we can do is smile! But, we know one man can't win it by himself. We have heard rumors that Coach, Mike McCoy is going to implement some 4-3 schemes into his playbook thus the reason for going after top DT Christian Wilkins out of Clemson as well as DT Maurice Hurst out of Michigan in the draft. There has been a position change on defense as well, former DE Corey Liuget has moved to the DT positon after the Chargers acquired DE Akiem Hicks in free agency.

"I'm fine with the move, I feel confident enough in my abilities to be able to play this position. I also have trust in my coaching staff!" Corey Liuget

The Chargers was ranked top 3 in defense for half of the season and then they fell apart, having trouble with the run defense and not getting to the QB much. These 3 big guys shouldn't have any problem getting pressure through the middle. With outside pressure from Bosa and Hicks this revamped D-line should be a problem for their opponents. It seems that Coach, McCoy is wanting make sure defense is the main focus this offseason going into this upcoming season, knowing his offense is in good hands.

Key Free Agency Signings:

DE- Akiem Hicks
CB- Justin Gilbert
FB- Mike Tolbert

Key Draft Picks:

DT: Christain Wilkins, Clemson

upload_2016-12-23_10-46-21.png

DT: Maurice Hurst, Michigan

upload_2016-12-23_10-48-5.png

MLB- Micah Kiser, Virginia

upload_2016-12-23_10-49-51.png

Going defense with the first three picks in the draft, we are hoping and expecting these three guys to make a statement with this team! Kiser may even see some playing time at the LOLB position as well. With Lawrence Timmons aging this may be Kiser's best shot at making a name for himself. We can only wait and see what this team has to offer once the season kicks off! New Defense with a new stadium these fans should be very excited for some Chargers football!

Last edited: