Broncos / Jags trader

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Whats the thought process for the trade?

I know yall said it in live chat but lets get it in writing for the people that didn't see it

Imperfect611

Starter
I drafted a SS WR that can replace Sanders so I have surplus at WR. Also I got the guy in the 4th round so why not role the dice again.

Blackhawk375

Starter
I have an abundance of mediocre WRs and Sanders fills a big need for me with breakaway speed and good hands. He will become my #1 WR since he is higher rated with better attributes then anyone currently on my roster. I paid big money to bring in Aaron Rogers and need a good target for him. Given Sanders' age and length of contract, I was only comfortable parting with a 4th round pick.... and I haven't had much success past the 3rd round of the draft.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Well I would like to veto this trade since it helps the jags out and he is in my division and this makes him better. But that doesn't seem like the Christian thing to do so I'll vote yes for the following reasons

The Jags pick will likely be mid to late 20's and Sanders is a stop gap player who you can't count on past this year due to his age. Broncos get a draft pick for a over 30 guy who they have someone to replace. Like he said nobody is gonna give me a 3rd round pick for him at his age and everyone knows his speed will decrease soon.

I approve

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
That's 3 so go ahead and run it Imperfect611 Blackhawk375

I also recommend either doing the trade in madden before advance or bumping Sanders down so he doesn't get hurt. Not sure what the rule would be if that happens so lets hope it doesn't.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
For it to go through in madden if one has played this week and the other hasn't it will not go through.

You can also offer trades on daddy leagues

Blackhawk375

Starter
Ok thanks georgiafan
I haven't played this weeks game yet and I don't think it's going to work out for us to be able to play anyway. I'm logging in to send the request now, so if you want to accept it in DL that's cool or when you get home works too.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I wonder if that's because your not a owner on DL?

I know jets offered me the trade last night on DL and I accepted when I got home. He also didn't think it worked but it did.