Blackmon Behind Bars

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
JB_zps6299377d.jpg

Justin Blackmon was arrested last night on a possession charge. I find it a shame that someone of his caliber of play, can't keep his head together, and become a role model for young'ins in the NFL. This is a guy that absolutely killed it in college, and now is getting suspended and getting arrested. I had high hopes for this guy, and it upsets me. The Jaguars are on the up and up, once Blake Bortles develops, and the Jaguars get a few more players, they could be a good team, and it's looking like this guy won't be a part of it.

He was pulled over on a traffic stop, when he took a left turn into oncoming traffic. The officer smelled marijuana, and Blackmon admitted that he had marijuana with him. He admitted he smoked a blunt while driving, and he had another full blunt rolled and ready. Jaguars owner, Shad Khan, responded to questions about the incident and he responded with "We just want Justin to get the help he needs". Blackmon was suspended last year due to violating the NFL substance abuse policy three times. He was indefinatley suspended for the violations, and was able to reapply for reinstatement for this year, but now I don't see that happening. He is only 24, and had a monster career ahead of him, maybe he will just quit playing football to go smoke weed like Ricky Williams surprisingly did.

Blackmon had 2 great years in college, winning the Biletnikoff Award, both years at Oklahoma state university. In 2010 he had 111 receptions, 1,782 yards, 20 TD, 44 Rushing Att, 77 yards 1 TD. In 2011 he had 122 receptions, 1,522 yards, 18 TD. I'll state it again, I think it's a shame what he is doing to himself, and I hope he can get his head together before its too late. This is what the NFL is missing:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Unfortunately, a lot of these guys come from poor backgrounds and don't know how to handle the money and spotlight that being in the league brings with it.