Bills and Texans Trade

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Buffalo Bills ($0 Cap Penalty)

EJ Manuel, QB– 25 and 70 OVR - Development Normal- $2.4M - 2 Years Left - 2015 - $2.11M, 2016 - $2.47M
2015 5th Round Pick (159th Overall)

to

Houston Texans (Current Cap Penalty)

2015 2nd Round Pick (37th Overall)

I traded a 2nd round pick last year for Ryan Mallett who was 73 OVR. I added the 5th to make up the difference in OVR.

BlackPaw Konvict27 NightHawkTH32

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
I think that I would be okay with this trade if it was changed to a 3rd round choice. I don't think EJ is worth more than a 4th rounder but you added a 5th rounder of your own but still think 2nd rd is too high especially because the Texans have an early round selection. Would be the 37th overall selection which makes it feel like a late 1st rounder and EJ is worth nowhere near a first rounder, even a late one at that.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I went with a 2nd because that is what the CPU made me give for Mallett who really just has a 96 arm strength. EJ has a 93 arm and 83 speed so something to work with. I understand where you are coming from though. Are you saying EJ straight for a 3rd or still with the 5th?

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
I think for me I would say 4th straight up or 3rd with the 5th. We will see what other guys say though. Just my opinion. EJ does have a little upside with his height and speed.