Astros and Rockies trade proposal

Astros offer:
C. Qualls RP - 36 yrs. old, 75 rating, B pot. 2 years, 6.0 mil / yr
C. Rasmus CF - 28 yrs. old, 71 rating, B pot. 1 year, 8.1 mil / yr
N. Fontana 2B - 24 yrs. old, 62 rating, B pot. 1 year, 62k / year

Rockies offer:
C. Blackmon CF - 28 yrs. old, 81 rating, B pot. 1 year 860k / yr
J. Mourneau 1B - 33 yrs. old, 77 rating, C pot. 1 years, 6.2 mil / yr

Astros need to add left handed bats and players with contact / vision / clutch as opposed to being a team loaded with power hitters ... Rockies are looking to add a RP and 2B ... Blackmon is on the block so swapping him for power hitting Rasmus (74 pwr vs righties and 84 arm) will help fill that void and should play well in Coors Field ... Rockies also need help in the bullpen and Qualls is equal to their best reliever in Betancourt who has 1 yr left at age 39 ... Qualls is 36 w/ B potential with 2 yrs left ... 2B Fontana is a prospect that should get to the league in the next year or two ... Fontana would immediately be the second best two bagger on the Rockies roster at 62 ovr ... I added Mourneau as he has an expiring contract after this year so he is only serviceable to Houston for 1 yr ... this gives the Astros another year to develop Carter and his hitting ability

danwin cnorys4 BigTexas18 NightHawkTH32

Last edited:

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
I'm gonna say no on this. It's close for me but I feel Fontana won't be an MLB ready 2nd baseman for at least 2 seasons. Maybe halfway through next season, regardless if he is the top 2nd baseman on the roster. He won't be MLB ready. I would be okay with him being part of the deal if you were sending anyone that makes the Rockies better. Rasmus will not fill the void left by Blackmon who is a much much better player and Morneau can be a huge bat in your lineup. Just think you're taking too much and not giving up enough. Qualls would be good for the Rockies because he would be their best reliever but still isn't that good. The Rockies just have a shitty bullpen.

danwin

Starter
The way I see it, its Qualls for Mourneau. Then Fontana and Rasmus for Blackmon. Yea, the Rockies have a great young 2B right now but if LeMahieu falters they have a backup and if he continues doing what he is doing, they have Fontana to trade for more bullpen help. Yes, Rasmus is not as good as Blackmon but your getting a potential 82 to 87 young 2B along with Rasmus for Blackmon. Thats my reasoning for agreeing with it. I do see why it could be declined but I thought it was close enough to approve.

woodsmall12

All-Star
Astros offer:

S. Feldman SP - 32 yrs. old, 76 rating, C pot. 1 year, 3.7 mil / yr
N. Fontana 2B - 24 yrs. old, 62 rating, B pot. 1 year, 62k / year

Rockies offer:

Astros need to add left handed bats and players with contact / vision / clutch as opposed to being a team loaded with power hitters ... Rockies are looking to add a SP, RP and 2B ...

Feldman at 76 is better than any pitcher on their current roster (Lyles at 75 ovr is the highest rated) ... Rockies also need help in the bullpen and Qualls is equal to their best reliever in Betancourt who has 1 yr left at age 39 ... Qualls is 36 w/ B potential with 2 yrs left ... 2B Fontana is a prospect that should get to the league in the next two to three years ... Fontana would immediately be the second best two bagger on the Rockies roster at 62 ovr ... I added Mourneau as he has an expiring contract after this year so he is only serviceable to Houston for 1 yr ... this gives the Astros another year to develop Carter and his hitting ability

NightHawkTH32 danwin BigTexas18 cnorys4

cnorys4

Contributor
Personally, I think this trade went backwards. I'm gonna say no, but you're close. Maybe replace Fontana with a higher quality prospect 67+ or something a little better than old man Feldman and Qualls together. That B for Qualls goes out the door considering he's 36....sorry.

cnorys4

Contributor
Let me elaborate a little more on my answer and my train of thought.

Right now the Astros sit at 1-10 and 6 gb on the season. If I had to label them right now, which is dumb being only 11 games in, I would say they are sellers.

The Rockies on the other hand sit at 0-0 and 1 gb in the west. If I had to label them, which is stupid cause they haven't played a game yet, I would say they are buyers.

Conclusion: neither team should be buying or selling at this point in the season. Therefore, a trade should benefit both teams equally while maintaining the win now attitude.

Astros buying low on Blackmon (All star/good pot/85+ in a year) and Morneau (lefty power/1year)

Rockies Selling High on Feldman (backend rot/end of prime) Qualls (solid relief/retirement near) and most importantly Prospect (possibly solid 2-4 years from now/not MLB ready).

This isn't an even win win trade and if we do take records to heart right now, it would be backwards in the sense of buying and selling.

If I'm over thinking it, please let me know. Feel like this is best way to properly be on a sim trade committee however.

majesty95 NightHawkTH32 BigTexas18 danwin woodsmall12

Thanks Guys

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
Yeah I have been on the fend with this trade all along but I have to agree with chad on this. You're really close. A better prospect or starter. Blackmon and Morneau are just better than all 3 of those guys. Close. But I have to say no

woodsmall12

All-Star
Astros offer:
C. Rasmus CF - 28 yrs. old, 71 rating, B pot. 1 year, 8.1 mil / yr
A . Wojciechowski SP - 26 yrs. old, 72 rating, B pot. 1 yr, 80k / yr

Rockies offer:

NightHawkTH32 BigTexas18 cnorys4 danwin

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
I approve. Much better. You just didn't wanna add wojciechowski cuz you couldn't spell his name. Lol.

Your trade is approved. Submit in game